National University of Singapore Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.5

103 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview

Interview face to face, discuss problems related to the job, takes a while to respond back.
    Can get S pass or E pass
    Interviewer has good knowledge of the task
    He can quickly evaluate your skills

Marketing Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2016.

Interview

You have to go through two rounds of interview - one with the HR and some head sitting in, and the other with the Director. However, nowadays, it seems like they just do the first round out of formality if you are a friend of someone in the office and then have a coffee session with the Director and that's done.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself fitting in and contributing to the department?   Answer Question

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2013.

Interview

Go there in the afternoon, take general knowledge test, prepare for panel discussion. Advise talk loudly as it is after lunch. people sleepy. We get to role play different roles which we do not have any idea at all. Make whacky decision and collude with others to make sure this is a "fun" and interesting discussion where no one cares after that.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2017.

Interview

first submit CV and cover letter through email, then they inform you to do an online interview. During the interview, 2 professors from the department ask me about research experience, research interest and future plan.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2013.

Interview

Two rounds of interview - once with the reporting officer and another with the upper management. I was asked to talk about my job experiences and career aspirations. The interviewer spoke more than I did. I was not asked to sit for a written test but subsequent candidates had to sit for it.

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Had one on-site interview with the PIs (3 of them). Two from NUS itself, and 1 from a collaborating institution. They were friendly and they asked mostly technical questions as well as my plans for future.

Interview Questions

• How I made the PDMS replicas of arterial models   1 Answer

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2013.

Interview

The process took place in the department office and was more of an informal, general question. It is not as exhaustive as job interview, and the panel was genuinely interested to know the reason why you choose to be a PhD.

Interview Questions

• What was your previous research project? Why did you choose to do a Ph.D.?   Answer Question

Management Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2013.

Interview

Casual, not stressful. Takes time to get to understand you better to judge your suitability to the role.
    Takes time to explain the role as well. Was able to fully anticipate what is expected of you.

Interview Questions

• Whether if your interests lies in the role that you applied.   Answer Question

SCIENTIFIC OFFICER Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview

Phone interview and one to two face-to-face interview. Phone interview lasted more than 40 minutes.Typical research interview which most questions are about final year project and research experience. Friendly interviewers and generally fast responses by email and phone calls.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe your undergraduate final year project?   Answer Question

Student Service Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kent Ridge (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Kent Ridge (Singapore)) in August 2014.

Interview

The interviewer invites you into a small meeting room and starts a friendly private chat. She wants to know more about your character and whether you are willing to commit.