National University of Singapore Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 4, 2017

2.5

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2016.

Interview

I cannot remember the exact interview questions. However, after submitting the CV, there was only one round of interview with two directors of the department that I applied for.

The questions that they asked were typical interview questions such as why did you apply, what interests you in this field, do you have any related experiences in this field (does not have to be work experience).

Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

I applied for the job position via the university's job portal. I interviewed at National University of Singapore. Was contacted for an interview within a week. Went through the first round of interview pretty well and was asked to attend a second interview. Second round interview with higher management was challenging.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Met up with hiring dept twice and did 1 verbal assessment and 1 written assessment on 2nd interview to test candidate's knowledge. Hiring dept sent another written assessment via email. Felt that the assessments could have been sent before interviews and key decision maker should be in the first round of interview.

Interview Questions

Interviewers gave a different picture of the job description in the 1st and 2nd interview, and sent 2 rounds of written assessments which can be time-consuming for the job seeker.

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2016.

Interview

It is a one-to-one interview. The PI asked me about some basic programming knowledge. Also some problems I put on my CV. We also discussed some foreseen issue about the ongoing project.

Management Assistant Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2016.

Interview

Online application and followed by a face to face interview, asked about general questions, need to understand the job scope you are applying for. It is a good experience and the interviewer s quite friendly.

Senior Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2016.

Interview

Panel interview with 2 from HR and 1 Director from the department. It was quite casual and comfortable. The HR people made the interview very light and easy.
    Applied online, 2 weeks later, I got a call for the interview. Offer came in 1 week later.

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview

It took them two weeks after application to call me for interview. The interview was okay but because I was a fresh grad, I guess I didn't have the right qualifications. Didn't ask any technical questions.

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview for research position really completely depends on the PI (principal investigator) that you're applying for. He/she has the complete freedom and choice for the interview style. In my case, it's just a very casual talk on the laboratory together with a laboratory tour to gauge the suitability for both sides.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what is your research interests and why do you choose to work in our research field   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2015.

Interview

Not very formal, just causal conversation and discussion about the goal of this position. The employer was nice enough to discuss every concern I have to prepare me better for this position.

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Basically I was asked about my backgrounds, specially my academic backgrounds. Questions are like where do I from, what schools did I attend, what kinds of work experience do I have (intern or part time). It is more like a talk, no need to prepare, and no need to print out the CV and stuff. The professor is very very nice. And he told me to do a trial run, if I can pass, I will get the offer.