National University of Singapore Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 22, 2017

2.6

Management Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2013.

Interview

Casual, not stressful. Takes time to get to understand you better to judge your suitability to the role.
    Takes time to explain the role as well. Was able to fully anticipate what is expected of you.

Interview Questions

• Whether if your interests lies in the role that you applied.   Answer Question

SCIENTIFIC OFFICER Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview

Phone interview and one to two face-to-face interview. Phone interview lasted more than 40 minutes.Typical research interview which most questions are about final year project and research experience. Friendly interviewers and generally fast responses by email and phone calls.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe your undergraduate final year project?   Answer Question

Student Service Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kent Ridge (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Kent Ridge (Singapore)) in August 2014.

Interview

The interviewer invites you into a small meeting room and starts a friendly private chat. She wants to know more about your character and whether you are willing to commit.

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2017.

Interview

Was largely based on my in class performance. It also depended on the fact that my research area coincided with the organisation's interests. The work hours also greatly matched my modules.

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

Their interview was three stage
     First you apply via online ,
    Written test at Venue about the basics of the subject
    Interview with professors
    They were actually very chilled and helpful
    Why Phd?
    - Previous work experience
    -Questions related the work experience
    -Subject knowledge

Interview Questions

• -Why Phd?
      - Previous work experience
      -Questions related the work experience
      -Subject knowledge   Answer Question

PhD Candidate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview is efficient and concise. Two faculty professors interviewed me, and the questions were generic. FYP is something important to them as that is the main research experience that a undergraduate student may have. Academic result is also important, and you need to prepare some explanation if you did not perform so well on certain subject.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National University of Singapore in February 2017.

Interview

It was easy. Just a short introduction about myself. Why I am interested in doing research. What I was doing after graduation. The professor was an enthusiastic and friendly person. For most of the time, the professor was sharing about what the project is about and trying to get me interested.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2016.

Interview

I cannot remember the exact interview questions. However, after submitting the CV, there was only one round of interview with two directors of the department that I applied for.

The questions that they asked were typical interview questions such as why did you apply, what interests you in this field, do you have any related experiences in this field (does not have to be work experience).

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2017.

Interview

Application materials sent to the department --> Skype interview (2 weeks) --> Campus visit --> result pending. The interviewing committee was nice in thinking about how my research experiences and expertise may contribute to the department.

Interview Questions

• 1. Research interests
      2. Courses interested in teaching
      3. The long term plan (i.e., stay in Singapore in the long run)   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel made up by three professors. There were two other candidates for the same position. The questions were standard interview questions and the interview lasted about half an hour.