National University of Singapore Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National University of Singapore Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.5

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in August 2012.

Interview

First, we were told about the location of the exam. After arriving at the location, we were given a paper of many questions to solve. The written exam lasted for more than 2 hours. In the afternoon, we were arranged to have an interview with the supervisor. Many questions were asked. Some of the questions were not related to research.

Negotiation

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview was not to the point and has other agenda. Asked a lot of question but also was checking out the candidate and not focus on the capability and experience and after got the job, what was expected of the candidate was not as per when in job. Ended up blame for not performing as per job requirement in a very short time. Everywhere has a learning curve and this was just purely biasness. Harsh environment either you survive and work all the life there or finish the contract and leave or even earlier.

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2015.

Interview

Not very formal, just causal conversation and discussion about the goal of this position. The employer was nice enough to discuss every concern I have to prepare me better for this position.

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National University of Singapore in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process is simple and super fast with only the supervisor you we work on. There is no interview with HR. After the interview with supervisor, I get an offer that is good to accept it.

The interview was August - September and the October I got my EP to go to Singapore.

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2012.

Interview

Hired to handle programming for research purpose. The interviewer asked experience in programming, whether I am familiar with handling pointer, how do I learn new programming languages, any idea about what they are doing, and my future plan.

Interview Questions

• - Experience in programming
      - Familiarity with pointer
      - Interest in research
      - How do I learn new programming languages
      - Any idea about what they are doing
      - My future plan
      Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at National University of Singapore in January 2012.

Interview

Standard Interview. Private investigator wanted to know the fit and ask a few basic questions. You will be ask your career goals, and if you would like to pursue post-graduate studies.

PhD Candidate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in March 2012.

Interview

1, Apply online, and receive interview overseas.;
    2, Submit your materials, including everything they required and everything which can prove your advantages.
    3, Introduce yourself.
    4, Answers their questions, mainly focusing on CV.

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview for research position really completely depends on the PI (principal investigator) that you're applying for. He/she has the complete freedom and choice for the interview style. In my case, it's just a very casual talk on the laboratory together with a laboratory tour to gauge the suitability for both sides.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what is your research interests and why do you choose to work in our research field   2 Answers

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Changzhou, Jiangsu (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Changzhou, Jiangsu (China)) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview was in skype. There are two interviewers, and both of them will talk. They asked about my research interest, why I want to apply for NGS scholarship and what's my career plan. The interview last about 20 min. After that, I have been waiting for 2 month to receive their offer. During this period, there was no news from NGS.

Senior Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2016.

Interview

Panel interview with 2 from HR and 1 Director from the department. It was quite casual and comfortable. The HR people made the interview very light and easy.
    Applied online, 2 weeks later, I got a call for the interview. Offer came in 1 week later.