National University of Singapore Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National University of Singapore Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2017

2.6

Interview

it was in the same group so not much of an interview. but usually it involves a presentation of research experience and follow up questions, the skills are important than the exact work experience

Interview Questions

Negotiation

did not negotiate

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

two rounds of interviews about a couple of weeks apart
    first round was with head of department and human resource exec
    second round was with vice-dean in-charge of department and human resource director

Interview Questions

• what relevant skills can you bring to the job
      what do you expect to get/learn from the job
      where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

I applied for the job position via the university's job portal. I interviewed at National University of Singapore. Was contacted for an interview within a week. Went through the first round of interview pretty well and was asked to attend a second interview. Second round interview with higher management was challenging.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2016.

Interview

It is a one-to-one interview. The PI asked me about some basic programming knowledge. Also some problems I put on my CV. We also discussed some foreseen issue about the ongoing project.

Management Assistant Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2016.

Interview

Online application and followed by a face to face interview, asked about general questions, need to understand the job scope you are applying for. It is a good experience and the interviewer s quite friendly.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Met up with hiring dept twice and did 1 verbal assessment and 1 written assessment on 2nd interview to test candidate's knowledge. Hiring dept sent another written assessment via email. Felt that the assessments could have been sent before interviews and key decision maker should be in the first round of interview.

Interview Questions

Interviewers gave a different picture of the job description in the 1st and 2nd interview, and sent 2 rounds of written assessments which can be time-consuming for the job seeker.

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in August 2012.

Interview

First, we were told about the location of the exam. After arriving at the location, we were given a paper of many questions to solve. The written exam lasted for more than 2 hours. In the afternoon, we were arranged to have an interview with the supervisor. Many questions were asked. Some of the questions were not related to research.

Negotiation

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview was not to the point and has other agenda. Asked a lot of question but also was checking out the candidate and not focus on the capability and experience and after got the job, what was expected of the candidate was not as per when in job. Ended up blame for not performing as per job requirement in a very short time. Everywhere has a learning curve and this was just purely biasness. Harsh environment either you survive and work all the life there or finish the contract and leave or even earlier.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2015.

Interview

Not very formal, just causal conversation and discussion about the goal of this position. The employer was nice enough to discuss every concern I have to prepare me better for this position.

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National University of Singapore in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process is simple and super fast with only the supervisor you we work on. There is no interview with HR. After the interview with supervisor, I get an offer that is good to accept it.

The interview was August - September and the October I got my EP to go to Singapore.