National University of Singapore Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National University of Singapore Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Nov 19, 2016

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2016.

Interview

It is a one-to-one interview. The PI asked me about some basic programming knowledge. Also some problems I put on my CV. We also discussed some foreseen issue about the ongoing project.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for National University of Singapore

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2015.

Interview

Not very formal, just causal conversation and discussion about the goal of this position. The employer was nice enough to discuss every concern I have to prepare me better for this position.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at National University of Singapore in January 2012.

Interview

Standard Interview. Private investigator wanted to know the fit and ask a few basic questions. You will be ask your career goals, and if you would like to pursue post-graduate studies.

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview for research position really completely depends on the PI (principal investigator) that you're applying for. He/she has the complete freedom and choice for the interview style. In my case, it's just a very casual talk on the laboratory together with a laboratory tour to gauge the suitability for both sides.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what is your research interests and why do you choose to work in our research field   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process is quite straightforward. I was interviewed by the two professors in charge. The two professors are quite famous and established in the field. They went through the basic interview questions with me, such as going through the education background and internship experiences.
    The important part is to show your interest in research and demonstrate your knowledge on the area of research.

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2014.

Interview

1 submit CV, The most important thing is to state what you are familiar with is quite relevant to their projects 2 interview with PI, try to describe your research experience and technique skills in detail 3 offer the process duration is mainly based on the nus admins' efficiency

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are related to research experience and technique skills   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2012.

Interview

There was not a vacancy when I applied. But I contacted the department I was interested in and suggested that I work part-time for them. I simply met up for a semi-casual interview with the Principal Investigator and also met with the team after wards. It was semi-casual and the other interviewee wore casual attire ( jeans and t-shirt) seems like research positions may be quite lenient.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my past experience. Interest in the department studies. Keen to do outdoor work, flexibility of weekends.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Basically I was asked about my backgrounds, specially my academic backgrounds. Questions are like where do I from, what schools did I attend, what kinds of work experience do I have (intern or part time). It is more like a talk, no need to prepare, and no need to print out the CV and stuff. The professor is very very nice. And he told me to do a trial run, if I can pass, I will get the offer.

Application

Interview

The interview panel consists of your direct supervisors as well as any other person who you are likely to work closely with.

Be prepared for technical questions as well as to state your motivations for applying for this position.

Generally as a research assistant you are expected to further your studies and they will be happy to accommodate to that. It is a plus if you intend to further your career in this field.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2015.

Interview

Quick and simple. The panel not asked much tough questions but just make sure I was clear on the duties and responsibilities of the position and not demanding for the career path

Interview Questions

• Do you clear about this position's duties?   Answer Question