National University of Singapore Research Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National University of Singapore Research Engineer Interview Questions

2.5

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2012.

Interview

Hired to handle programming for research purpose. The interviewer asked experience in programming, whether I am familiar with handling pointer, how do I learn new programming languages, any idea about what they are doing, and my future plan.

Interview Questions

• - Experience in programming
    - Familiarity with pointer
    - Interest in research
    - How do I learn new programming languages
    - Any idea about what they are doing
    - My future plan   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for National University of Singapore

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at National University of Singapore in June 2011.

Interview

just one call, ask about some generally questions. Then discussed about the project, exchanged some ideas. if you have experiences, it should be very easy. The professors only call a few persons, so i think the interview is just a final check-up.

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Mailed to a proffessor on my research interests..
    Had a call with him about my current area of work and what I wish to do ..

Research Engineer Interview

Interview

no comment

Research Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied to the ARL. The head of the lab is a genius and an exceedingly good human being. The interview process was excellent: it was basically a long chat about my previous projects and experiences.

Interview Questions

• What is the fundamental assumption of law of large numbers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2012.

Interview

Interview with professor. High GPA is a bonus.

Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2010.

Interview

I've known the professor who was interviewing me for over an year, as i did my masters thesis under him.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation with the professor who is hiring me in ECE dept.

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2009.

Interview

I think I didn't completely prepare for the interview. I was very nervous, sometimes even don't know what I wanted to say. However, the interviewer was very nice? they asked me things let me know what I wanted to say and relax. There after, I think the interview is OK. to me, I mean.

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National University of Singapore in January 2008.

Interview

Interview came fast after I sent in my application. The process itself is nothing elaborate, just some talk about my training, education bkground, past experience. This may depend on the actual supervisor, department and school/faculty. Basically what they look for is for people who will probably stay a while on the job, and not someone who is going to be gone in a flash.