National University of Singapore Research Fellow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National University of Singapore Research Fellow Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2017

2.4

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2017.

Interview

My supervisor is very nice and understandable. He discuss with me about the future planes and what we can do together. Then I applied online and the process is smooth.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for National University of Singapore

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Had one on-site interview with the PIs (3 of them). Two from NUS itself, and 1 from a collaborating institution. They were friendly and they asked mostly technical questions as well as my plans for future.

Interview Questions

• How I made the PDMS replicas of arterial models   1 Answer

Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National University of Singapore in November 2014.

Interview

interviewed by project PI, who is also my PhD supervisor, so the process is rather easy since he knows me for quite a time. the project is continuous work for my phd work

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2012.

Interview

The principal investigator decides if he / she wants to hire you. Once agreed the professor will submit the application form to the faculty office for processing. The application process requires 2 referral letters and the usual documents. After approval the HR side will contact you to do a medical check up at the health center after which you can start work. There can be a lack of communication between the preparation of the contract and the start. Typically they will send it to the professor rather than directly to you.

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2011.

Interview

You need to approach the professors before you start to apply. The interview is done if you meet the supervisor during some academic conference/workshop. The salary is standard, not much negotiation involved. The working environment is good. Single or double-share office is provided.

Interview Questions

• You have to study the research of the group so that you can find a good match when you approach the professors.   Answer Question

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kent Ridge (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Kent Ridge (Singapore)).

Interview

the interview is really very technical. You just talk with professor or project PI.

Interview Questions

• technical related questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

just during the talk with project PI

Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview

Know the employer's work well, be very confident with our niche expertise and how our expertise could be amalgamated to their work. Be vocal, ask questions and give relevant input.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you face more failures than successes in your work?   Answer Question

Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview

What are you research interests? What kind of research you have ever done?

Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview

Hired by my phd supervisor

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2010.

Interview

Met up with the department heads and dean.

once you get past the head (which you probably have contact already), if the former approves you,

the dean will most likely allow you through.

Interview Questions

• What is your vision for the department if you were given a chance to run it in the next 5 years?   1 Answer
    • You will have to teach as well other than research. There are other responsibilities, possible procurement, etc, that even though we have dedicated people doing, but if you are request to do it, how willing will you be?   1 Answer

Had a better offer in A*star