National Western Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Western Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at National Western

Assistant Actuary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Western (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by HR half a week after applying. In-person interview was set up for a week later. When I arrived, I checked in and waited to meet a woman from HR, who led me upstairs to the interview. I had a relatively casual one-on-one with a VP from the actuarial department who would have been my direct supervisor. I left feeling great about the interview and waited two weeks for a response, when I was told that they had chosen another candidate for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you applied problem-solving skills in school or work.   Answer Question

Temporary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Western (Austin, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Standard. Interviewed in person. Typical and relevant questions. Asked what my past experience was and if I felt that I could handle the job I was interviewing for. The interview was very down to the point.

Interview Questions

• What my Microsoft Office skill-level was.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Western (Austin, TX) in September 2009.

Interview

They look at your previous experience (one have to have related experience.)
    First you meet with the Manager and then with the direct supervisor.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much to negotiate about. It is what it is...

Windows Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Western in May 2010.

Interview

The interview started with phone interview with HR,, and then meet with the hiring manager and end with the peer review. The inerview asked many questions regarding job ethic and technical related quesitons.