Nationwide Actuarial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nationwide Actuarial Interview Questions

Interviews at Nationwide

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

I had one interview at an actuarial career fair at Robert Morris University in Pittsburgh, PA. The interview was very laid back, not intimidating at all. The women was very friendly and didn't ask questions that you wouldn't expect. She was very receptive of what you had to say and put her input in as well, almost like just having a discussion with her. I then followed up with her a couple of weeks later to see where they were in the hiring process. She told me that she would put a word in for me for their last position open. I then received a call about a week later to set up a phone interview for the next day. Again, it was laid back, more as a discussion about the answers to your questions. Not intimidating and very friendly. He kept in touch with me about where they were at in their hiring process afterwards and when they would have decisions made about the position and such.

Interview Questions

• How many tennis balls would you say fit in an airplane? (to see how you problem solve)   Answer Question
  • Why did you pick your university and major?   Answer Question
  • Since your major is exactly an actuarial science program, how do you plan to utilize your major and apply it to the actuarial field?   Answer Question
  • What is one good and one bad decision you've made?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nationwide

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nationwide (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

I had two separate 30 minute interviews. I met in person both times because I attended two career fairs. The first one was with actuarial students and the second one had someone from the recruiting committee. I was asked mainly behavioral questions and it very relaxed and positive conversation.

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview

I had two interviews with our alumni, and they told me I would hear back the result in one to two weeks. But they did give further detail on the interview process until I called them after a month.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had trouble getting along with a person on your team   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

One-and-a-half hour phone interview with three employees (30 minutes each). I was asked questions about my experience and many situational questions having to do with customer service and decision-making.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nationwide (Ames, IA) in October 2015.

Interview

There were two interviewers, one very nice but one very wired...He were drinking coke and making noise by using a straw through the whole interview time... Asked a lot of behavior questions