Nationwide Children's Hospital Interview Questions in Columbus, OH | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.7

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital (Columbus, OH).

Interview

No interview, more like a cattle calling, grafting people in. No opportunity as an applicant for one on one time to decipher my skills, qualifications or interest…disappointing comparatively speaking to other volunteer opportunities specifically those for a volunteer in hospice which is more selective. Researched that this might become an in large hospitals, but disagree that there is not more individual screening, as far as a good process. Also I feel there are too many hands in the pot, disorganization, and other applications verbalized disappointment with lack of screening prior to group sessions, which are just training prior for an equal opportunity of questions and answers. I chose not to proceed with this opportunity and am moving forward with a very reputable, individualized, smaller volunteer opportunity in healthcare, a hospice company in Arlington.

Interview Questions

• None- all on application, questionnaire like not interview like…none designed to weed out poor candidates, or that would identify ones fit, etc.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Full Day of Interviews and three weeks until I heard back. Some were late to show up due to traveling to site of interview and they felt rushed. Interview room was nice and parking was paid for.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital (Columbus, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Call interview. The interviewer didn't even remember to state her title and wanted to make sure that I was expecting her call which was 3 minutes late. Additionally, the interviewer seemed surprised that she was speaking with a male. I think she didn't want to take a chance on hiring a man in an industry dominated by women. The best part of the interview was when she said that she needs someone that can hit the ground running. I asked if the position was replacing someone that had been promoted or left the company? She replied no, it is a new position. So, how does one hit the ground running with no onboarding process? I knew then that she didn't know a thing about contemporary interviewing. It sounded like an interview from 20 years ago. I remained polite but was glad when the interview was over.

Interview Questions

• She asked me to tell her about a time when I successfully implemented a diversity and inclusion program.   1 Answer

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital (Columbus, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

It was very informal. Met with the Chief who gave me a tour and introduced me to the hiring manager where I had an on the spot interview with two separate individuals.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital (Columbus, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Group interview with 3 other candidates, we were given information about Nationwide and then split up and interviewed with two Social Workers at a time. The entire process was pretty easy. They did not ask very many questions.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Nationwide   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I met with an HR rep to discuss my previous roles and my experience. We discussed the job I was applying for and how I would be a good fit for the organization.

UR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I applied online, recevied a call from HR , set a time to meet. I completed questionaire , typical when on-site , we then discussed my history, education, salary and expectations of the position. He asked when I would like to begin the position, i said at least 3 weeks notice, i was to wait and hear from the HR dept. It took less than one week.

Interview Questions

• What was is your present position and why are you leaving   Answer Question

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital (Columbus, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied Online
    Received Call
    Went in for ONE Interview with the supervisor of that specific department

I met with the supervisor after having applied online. I went in later that week. It was more like a conversation and human centered. It was not a long list of unnecessary questions. NWCH definitely employs updated recruiting and interviewing tactics. I have had 2 other more recent interviews and it seems to be the norm.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for NWCH   1 Answer

Pca Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital (Columbus, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Great staff throughout the hospital. Well organized interview process . Entire staff was very welcoming. There was a short and easy math test, along with a following directions assessment. Was able to meet with floor manager and given a tour of the unit as well.

Interview Questions

• What are some ways you maintain privacy for patients?   1 Answer

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital (Columbus, OH).

Interview

sat in front of supervisors and they asked questions about what you would do in situations and how you would react to kids and things that security deals with. They wanted to know about other stuff I did that wasn't security to know how you are as a person

Interview Questions

• What is your experence in security.   1 Answer