Nationwide Claims Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nationwide Claims Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Nationwide

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbia, MD).

Interview

Two hiring managers interviewed me with a list of questions. Very customer center focused questions. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. Different scenarios I had to go into and what I would do.

Interview Questions

• If someone told you they were in a car accident what questions would you ask to determine who was at fault.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nationwide

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nationwide (Englewood, CO) in January 2012.

Interview

Met with manager and HR rep in a conference room. Asked many basic personality questions. Plus asked insurance questions for a position not requiring experience. It appeared to be a test of thinking on our own.

Interview Questions

• An accident involving two vehicles are a 4way intersection takes place. How would you determine fault and therefore payment?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nationwide (Dublin, OH) in June 2012.

Interview

Was called by a random number in Iowa to interview for a Claims position. Were pretty flexible with the interview schedule. However, the interview itself was a barrage of "Tell me about a time when..." questions.

Usually, these are expected in any interview...but once they dove into it, it was about 40 minutes of that, over and over again. Most of the questions overlapped, and there were times when I had to recycle instances I had already said. They didn't seem to care about whether your answers were applicable or not, they basically just wrote everything you said down. I'm guessing they ship off the "results" to someone else who decides whether or not to hire you.

I was told at the conclusion of the interview they would "call regardless of their decision to hire/not hire". They didn't do such a thing. I received no email or anything.

Short version: They basically "shotgun" 20-30 'Tell me about a time when' questions for an hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond what was required of you, and the results it entailed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Gainesville, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a very relaxed interview, but after so many with Nationwide you know that doesn't mean anything. I had no idea whether or not I got the job until I actually received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you let a customer down and what was the result?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lone Tree, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Lone Tree, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

Vetted through an online questionnaire, then contacted for an interview. The interview went well, mostly situational/behavioral questions. I had two interviewers who were both very professional and friendly. There were several insurance specific question despite the job advertisement claiming that no experience was required. They gave no indication about how the interview went, but it seemed to go well. Ultimately, I believe the job went to someone with more insurance experience because they commented on my lack of industry experience several times.

Interview Questions

• A customer calls in to initiate a claim. All you know is that there was an accident at an intersection. What resources would you use to gather more information.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nationwide (Des Moines, IA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty laid back. The 2 who interviewed me were very nice. They went through about 5 or 6 situational/behavioral questions. Then asked a couple other questions and finally I finished the interview by job shadowing another associate. They told me the reason they wanted me to job shadow was because "We interview you too see if you would be a good fit for the company, but we would you like you to see what we do on a daily basis so you can determine if the company is a good fit for you!" I thought that was really neat!

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time you were given feedback on something and how did you take it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Des Moines, IA) in October 2015.

Interview

I had two interviewers, they were both really nice and made me feel comfortable. The interview was probably around 45 minuets long. I think the best part about it was how much they loved their job; it made me want to work there even more knowing how happy their employees are.

Interview Questions

• If you worked with someone you didn't get a long with, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Claims Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online, was sent questionnaire. Sent the information back and had an interview scheduled. Manager didn't show who wasn't supposed to do the interview. Met with random other managers, they were 15 mins late. Felt interview went well. They asked star based questions mainly about customer service situations. Tell me about a time when: . They kept me on the hook for three weeks after then interview with no updates, I reached out after week two about every two days . Finally after multiple attempts I received a denial letter. Very general in the reasoning. When I asked for specifics as to what skills I was lacking or perhaps tips for the next time I was informed they do not provide this information to non employees. Overall the first part of the process was very good right up to the interview itself. After that they put you on a waiting island.