Nationwide Claims Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nationwide Claims Representative Interview Questions

2.8

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Claims Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview

Submitted app online,online assessment, automatic phone interview, then called to schedule one on one interview! A lot of STAR questions so be prepared and it was a very warm interview. All of the managers were really nice and cool. Even if I don't get the job, it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Star questions. What does diversity mean to mean. Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nationwide

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Gainesville, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

They ask you a series of behavioral questions.. "what would you do if" & you're expected to answer them in STAR format. After that they let you shadow a person on the job for about 20 min

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Phone interview and then in person. Received a call from my online resume. Was requested to be interviewed over the phone and then in person. Met in person and took a few months to get hired.

Claims Representative Interview

Interview

great great great... told me what they were about, what to expect, and salaries. was my first in 13 yrs so experience was not just great but also educational. found out stresses of claims reps and lucky for me they said no.

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nationwide (Gainesville, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Its a one on one interview, you are given a tour of the building and at the end of the interview you`ll listen to calls for 30 minutes to get a feel of the job. The interview is very easy and seamless, Your talking majority of the times to your resume and tying the situational questions into it.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when.... Tell me a time where you've dealt with an irate customer....   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (San Antonio, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The same as others have described. I applied online and got an email to do an online assessment. After that I was sent an email to set up a phone interview. Their was a sense of urgency as the email stated I needed to set this up asap. After the phone interview, I recieved another email regarding a face to face interview. The interview was the first time I actually spoke to anyone since everything was set up online and even the call was automated. I got there and signed in then went to a little waiting area with two other applicants. The three of us were called back to another room with the HR recruiter. We were shown a brief video about Nationwide.Two people came to interview each one of us. We went into another small room.One person was the hiring manager and the other was the "scribe" as they called it. She had a laptop and was there for the sole purpose of typing my responses to the interview questions. We interview and then we was invited to listen to some of the calls with the people on the floor. We connected to their audio and listen to the call. We were then given a tour of the facility. The tour ended at the area where we came in. I very disappointed that they go to the extent of allowing you on the floor and giving you a tour, but no offer. It seemed like an awesome company.

Interview Questions

• The questions were similiar to others. Tell me about a time....   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Interview

Interview was very cursory the interview was too short, the interview did not cover relevant material the interview did not focus on my previous employment the interview did not focus on my strengths

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Richmond, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

Introduced at career fair. Filled out online app. Received on-site interview with potential supervisor and co-worker. Never received response after interview. Called and left message for interviewer: no response. E-mailed the HR head and she said an HR rep would get back to me...which they never did.

The people I spoke with were great high energy people that loved work in the insurance industry, everyone I passed in the office was extremely friendly. But I was angry with the lack of organization in getting a response since I thought the interview went well, even thought I was unlikely to accept.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nationwide (Raleigh, NC) in August 2012.

Interview

I got an email saying that I met the minimum requirements and to take a test and email it back with my resume. When I got to the interview I felt that I did very well they had behavioral questions. I think the only reason why I didn't get offered the position was because I was fresh out of college and the interviewer mentioned something about my age several times

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Nationwide (Raleigh, NC) in July 2012.

Interview

I applied for the position of claims rep 1, bodily injury. I received an e-mail that said I met the minimum qualifications and had to fill out a prescreen form and send it back via e- mail with a copy of my resume. I got a call saying they wanted to interview me and I had a phone interview. The phone interview was with the claims manager and it consisted of a structured-based behavioral and competency questions. I am not good at those type of interviews because I was not in an environment when any of those things were taking place and I hadn't been in a customer service environment for over 5 years.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in a previous job when you had to work on a team. Explain the circumstances, your action, and the results. Be specific.   Answer Question