Nationwide Claims Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 30, 2017

2.9

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Claims Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide in November 2015.

Interview

Received quick response to application requesting the completion of a written interview with two pages of written questions in less than 24 hours. Was promised a response within two weeks regardless of the outcome and never heard back.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nationwide

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Met with two interviewers. First with the person who was going to train me, then with the person who ended up being my manager. At the time I did not know their roles. Very easy going.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I had ever considered insurance.   1 Answer

Claims Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview

I applied on Indeed.com and was contacted 10 days later for an interview. I went in for an interview 4 days later. I was interviewed by two managers and there were about 6 behavioral questions and 6 situational based questions. Overall it was a positive experience and they were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the best candidate for the position?
      Tell me about a time that you had to work on an assignment that was not apart of your job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nationwide (Dublin, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

First "interview" comes in the form of a prescreening email attachment. Once submitted an actual interview was scheduled. The interview was one on one and there were a lot of situational and personal experience questions requiring specific examples.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I met with two people. The process went quite smoothly. The question were very detailed and require specifics. Please do not generalize. It would be to your advantage if you prepared for this type of interview. Think about how your current for prior experience makes you an appropriate fit for the position you are applying. Use this as leverage. My overall experience was GREAT!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation during the interview. I was pleased with the offer.

Claims Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview

Went very smooth. Treated with utmost respect. Took the elevator up and was greeted by a woman who took me to a room full of potential candidates. You could cut the tension in the room with a knife. We all waited as our specific room became available. One by one we got called in. Then the interview was pretty much exactly how you would expect it to be, outline of the job then explain yourself them behavioral questions then salary expectations. Went very well. Very happy with how they treated me

Interview Questions

• What was one of your biggest mistakes and how did you correct it   Answer Question

Claims Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nationwide in April 2015.

Interview

There were two people that interviewed me. They ask STAR format questions. Situation, Task, Action, Result questions. There are a lot of questions asked about why you applied and what strengths and weaknesses you have.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you couldn't give the customer what they wanted and what was the end result   Answer Question

Claims Specialist Interview

Interview

Simple, behavioral questions and STAR was used a lot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate salary

Claims Specialist Interview

Interview

The interview process can vary greatly depending on the manager conducting the interview. They will ask general questions about the claims process including investigation, liability and coverage and how these differ in the states being handled by that particular office (the Virginia office covers Virginia, North Carolina, Maryland, Delaware and DC).

Interview Questions

• The company is often trying to get people to work alternative hours. If you are able to do this, it can increase your chances of being hired.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The company typically does very little negotiating. They make an offer and rarely move from that offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nationwide (Des Moines, IA) in June 2013.

Interview

I interviewed for this position after submitting a pre-screening assessment. The interview was pretty standard with being inundated with behavioral and scenario-based questions. My one mistake in hindsight after I left was not asking for a timeline for a decision. They thanked me for meeting with them. I sent the 2 people I interviewed with thank you letters and emails. 2 weeks passed, and I called them because I hadn't heard one way or another. I left voice mails to each person, but never received a call. A month has now passed since the interview and I still haven't heard back, not even an automated email rejection.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you implemented something to improve efficiency in a previous job.   Answer Question