Nationwide Interview Questions in Columbus, OH | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.7

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was very informal and relaxed. Nothing too hard just basic personality questions, how would you fit into the culture. Nationwide is a company where the people are very down to earth and easy to talk to. Overall the interview wasn't too bad as long as you take the time to get to know the company.

Associate VIce President, Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Very slow. They post internally/externally simultaneously but usually stay internal. phone screening, 1:1, panel interviews with HR, business interview with leaders. Very long drawn out process. Slow to get feedback. Difficulty with peoples calendars and their ability to schedule time with you.

Senior IT Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH).

Interview

one interview meet at nationwide plaza, interview by 3 guys 2 Sr. Analyst and a specialist, got the job offer 3 day after the interview, started in a week after getting offer

Interview Questions

• How I would respond to executives asking for preferential treatment outside of policy.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

1st round interview was over the phone. 2nd round will be a "shadow" type of presentation. Giving you insight on your role and gives you a chance to meet some of the leadership in that department,

Interview Questions

• Q: describe a time where you overcame a difficult challenge.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Phone interview and then in person. Received a call from my online resume. Was requested to be interviewed over the phone and then in person. Met in person and took a few months to get hired.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through their website. Was initially contacted by email and had to fill out pre screening form. After that I had to do a brief 15 minute phone interview where they asked very basic questions about your resume. Finally I was invited to interview at their corporate HQ in Columbus. It went from 10-3 and consisted of multiple interviews with a variety of people. These interviews varied in difficulty and largely depended on the type of behavioral based question asked. Overall everyone was very nice and it was an easy process.

Interview Questions

• Name a good and bad decision that you made in the past 3 months?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

I was for phone screening and was immediately scheduled for f2f interview at the Corporate headquarters.I was interviewed by 2 managers and they told me they were impressed with my resume. Told me it would take about 2 weeks to hear from them and its been 3 weeks.Haven't heard anything.

Interview Questions

• Why did I choose nationwide   1 Answer

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a screener. After speaking with them, I was contacted by another person to schedule an interview. The morning of the interview, I was told that I would not be speaking with someone by phone. When I called the number at the scheduled time, the interviewer was unprepared for my call and, in fact, seemed put off. Apparently, there was a miscommunication because the recruiter and the interviewer. Unfortunately, this set the tone for the rest of the conversation. I expected more from a company of Nationwide's size and from someone in a leadership role. Had I received an offer, I would not have accepted. I thought it was very poor form. To be clear, I was not put off by the change in the process, but rather the way in which it was poorly communicated and handled by those in charge.

Interview Questions

• The interview was brief. In hindsight, I think that the interviewer did not believe me to be a good fit for the position (and I concur) and as such didn't ask me much more than to describe my background.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview is very straightforward nothing technical just simple fit questions to make sure your the right candidate. My advice is be yourself Nationwide is an amiable company so everyone is very nice and easy to talk to they will make you feel comfortable. They're not trying to stump you on anything.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Previous work experience?
      Courses your taking?
      Why us?
      Interest in your field?
      Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

I was emailed to set up a time for an interview, set it up within the week. I Interviewed with an HR representative first, then with the person who would be my manager. It lasted about an hour, 30 minutes with each. Pretty basic questions from HR, and then the manager had more specific questions about my experiences and education. She told me more about what the position would be and what I would do. I applied in December, interviewed in March, and still haven't received an answer (it is mid-April). I call every two weeks and they say they will get back in a couple weeks, apparently management is moving around or something.

Interview Questions

• If you had to deal with naysayers in a change-of-management situation, what would you do?   1 Answer