Nationwide Commercial Underwriter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nationwide Commercial Underwriter Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nationwide (Richmond, VA).

Interview

The process consisted of one telephone interview and one in person interview. The in person interview involved 2 managers. They took turns asking questions and were very friendly. The entire process took about 30 days. Regardless of what level you start at, you are placed in a training class for at least 2 weeks. The company does a lot for employees and overall morale..

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of diversity and inclusion?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nationwide

Commercial Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harleysville, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Harleysville, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Informative and beneficial to see how a corporation provides a work balance environment. They showed what the job would be like on a daily basis which was very helpful in the process for applying to the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in commercial underwriting?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Raleigh, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

The company looks for associates that display different chacteristics. There will be situational questions that try to determine adaptability, open to diversity, decision making capabilities, etc.
    Nationwide looks to hire well rounded, positive thinking associates that can make critical decisions when necessary but also show they rely on their resources and that there is respect for those with differing opinions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you made a good decision. Also describe a time you made a bad decision. Explain the process you used in both.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nationwide (Sacramento, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Hiring process started with an email from a recruiter, a two page questionnaire was required in essay type format. Once received, recruiter scheduled a phone interview. Then a three panel interview. Waited almost two months, with no offer. Recruiter and interviewers were very professional and pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you were not given much guidance and how did you react and what did you do?   1 Answer
    • How do you manage your time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nationwide (Atlanta, GA) in July 2008.

Interview

The hiring process was very simple and straight forward. It was very quick.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you have ever faced on the job and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nationwide (Dublin, OH) in January 2008.

Interview

met with manager and vp on campus, interview went well, questions were typical interview questions, then mainly just some friendly conversation about things other than work, salary was also discussed

Interview Questions

Negotiation

did not seem negotiable at the time

Commercial Underwriter Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide in January 2011.

Interview

Submit resume through online job board. Recruiters usually contact candiates for interview within a week or two sometimes longer depending on the level of the job. Then they do a phone screen with the recruiter or the manager. If you pass the phone screen you are usually set up with an interview and depending on the number of managers or size of the department sometimes multiple interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The recruiter calls with an offer, if you decide to counter the offer usually a couple days of going back and forth.