Nationwide Customer Service Representative I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nationwide Customer Service Representative I Interview Questions

2.5

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Highland Hills, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nationwide (Highland Hills, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

Entire process took about a week. Was contacted about position, took a skills test online and when I completed it set up interview for a couple days later. Interviewed with one of the supervisors who was very nice and professional, questions were simple when I followed S.T.A.R.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went into a situation without all the information but you still managed to make it work out in the end   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nationwide

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Online initially, personality test as well as skills test. Fairly simple.
    Face to face interview with moderate questions, i don't remember the specifics however i remember being required to answer a certain way. They would ask you a question and you would have to answer in a certain format, structure, using certain words provided.

I cant say it was extremely difficult, very casual atmosphere. However it was just a bit challenging.

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nationwide (Des Moines, IA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied for a different position in the beginning but due to scheduling conflicts, I was unable to move forward with the rest of that application. However, the HR rep who contacted me was amazing. She not only helped me look for another position based on my interests and expertise but throughout phone process, she not only asked me the basics of a phone interview but she wanted to get to know me better as a person. Additionally, she gave me tips about what to say for the next part and how to answer the in face questions.

Phone Call to talk about job and requirements --> Skill tests online --> Phone interview --> In face interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when...

You had to inform someone of bad news
      You had to learn something very quickly in a short amount of time
      You faced a difficult challenge. What was your process? Result?

Why do you want to work for Nationwide   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate work time. However, one thing they don't tell you immediately is that they have a 48-hr drug screening policy after the interview and they have very specific places where you can do the drug test (so if your primary care isn't in their books then you'll have to accommodate to a location that is screened by them, kind of annoying if the place is out of your way)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nationwide (San Antonio, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

You sign in with receptionist, go into a waiting room, you might have other candidates waiting as well, you will be called in to a tiny room by your interviewer along with another person via webcam, they may also have questions or ask you to follow up on your responses.

Interview Questions

• Review of your resume then onto basic customer service q’s; when did you go above and beyond, dealing with upset customers, how you deal with deadlines, organization skills, and what question did you think you were going to be asked and then you answer that question. You might get some take home information on the position you applied for.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview

Apply, assessment, phone interview, then in person. Their Phone Interviewers are sneaky with their questions

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you messed up and how you fixed the issue. Have to be careful about it answering it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Lynchburg, VA) in July 2013.

Interview

Lots of paperwork to fill out. Lengthy (45 min-1 hour) application process, 1-hour assessment, background check, pre-interview questionnaire, scheduled for interview, lengthy face to face interview, drug screen, follow-up phone interview, more paperwork to fill out online before starting. Most comprehensive and time-consuming hiring process I've come across. However, I actually enjoyed it. I got positive vibes from the company right off the bat. They seem to really care about who they hire.

Interview Questions

• At the beginning of the interview they show you this folder. From it, you have to select three little cards that you feel best represent you. At the end of the interview you have to explain why you feel you are these things. It's pretty easy, though.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I fell in love when I saw the salary and the benefits. They paid a lot more on average than another company I had an offer from for the exact same job.

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nationwide in January 2013.

Interview

I had an interview with a recruiter and then an in person interview.