Nationwide Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nationwide Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jan 29, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nationwide (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

The process is lengthy. Once you submit your application, it'll be reviewed by a recruiter. If you pass the initial screening process, you'll take a competency simulated test online followed by a phone interview. Then, the recruiter will contact you for a face-to-face interview. The interview is conducted by two sets of different people. They provide a bit of background on the department, the hours of operation, and the customer base. Their questions are based on the STAR method so it would be wise to prepare with past examples of how you handled angry clients and the results.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time when you didn't agree with company policy or your hiring manager.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nationwide

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nationwide (Des Moines, IA) in May 2016.

Interview

The first process was having a phone interview where they mainly just asked questions about past work experience, after the phone interview they gave me a link to do some online testing involving a personality type quiz and a few simulations and then an in office interview to follow up.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply for this position?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide in April 2016.

Interview

Very intimidating but when you finally get the courage to start it the interviewers make u feel pretty at ease. There are sother many that apply that it takes a while to get through.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview

I was interviews initially by Innosource. The way it works is Innosource interviews and then sends the information they gathered to nationwide. They will ask you a variety of questions and write down your answers. The next step is to have a phone interview. Mine was with two people and I was on speaker phone. The phone interview is pretty much the same as the first one just they want to see how much you know about the company and your initiative. Try and have some questions to prepare for the end as that impresses them. If that goes well you will go in for a shadow interview with other candidates for the position at the company where you sit with a customer service representative for about 45 minutes and lastly they will call you with a yes or no!

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

It is a 3 step process: Phone call, Online personality and skills test, In person interview that is one on one. There is a drug test and background test once accepted.

Interview Questions

• Customer service and coworker situations. Keep in mind situations youll be able to talk about. Describe a difficult situation with a coworker, difficult situation with a customer, manager... etc. Describe a situation where you could have performed better. A situation where you over performed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nationwide (Cleveland, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

You get interviewed by two people they ask you situation based questions name a time when questions they were very welcoming I had got offered the position the same day

Anonymous Employee in Pocomoke City, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nationwide (Pocomoke City, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

Getting to know the personnel and learning the processes as well as your job responsibilities. Met with primary agent and he would talk to you and give you different sales scenarios.

Interview Questions

• How my experience would benefit me and allow me to be a good employee   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter first in an on campus interview. Then was called and spoke with two managers. The questions were designed to make you think, but the interviewers weren't critical. After I was offered a job I was given 24 hours to complete a drug test, which was difficult to schedule, but I was able to beg a hospital to do it for me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

The process took about 2-3 weeks. Phone interview followed by an in-person interview...basically the same questions both times. They also had typing and personality testing. I stayed with the company for 3 years and was pretty satisfied.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide in June 2014.

Interview

You had to complete an online personality test and another one involving simulated customer calls. I did an interview with two people at their office, the manager that was supposed to interview me was not available that day and I didn't find out until I got there. It was the typical STAR questions and nothing out of the ordinary. I was told I would be given a decision (either way) by the end of the week and never heard back from them. I emailed my interviewers/HR about 3 weeks later for an answer.

Interview Questions

• I applied for the Chinese Speaking unit and was asked to take a simulated call in Mandarin. Make sure to bring your own pen and paper.   Answer Question