Nationwide Direct Sales Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nationwide Direct Sales Agent Interview Questions

Interviews at Nationwide

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Des Moines, IA) in October 2016.

Interview

First I applied online, then I had to do an online assesment, after I got a phone interview and finally a face to face interview. Process last around 3 weeks. People was very nice and welcoming. After the face to face interview you even get a time to go and see someone doing the real job, you can listen to some phonecalls and talk with the agent in order to get some insights from the position.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural Questions (STAR): Situation, task, action and results.

Tell me about a time you had to multitask, a time when you had to apologize to someone, a time you helped a customer.

Also, walk through your resume, why Nationawide, why do you think you are good for the position. How your resume Match with the job and company.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nationwide

Direct Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide in April 2015.

Interview

Applied for position then a couple days later sent a link to complete an assessment. Was selected to participate in a phone interview and then a panel interview a couple weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions and the basic questions like where do you see yourself in 5-10 years, give an example of when you failed, biggest challenge you overcame, etc.   Answer Question

Offered a similar position at another company that is just a better "fit" for me.

Direct Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nationwide in November 2014.

Interview

It's defiantly a process I think it probably took a little over a month before I actually started working. They give a short phone interview, then you have to do an online assessment and then go to their office and interview with 2 or 3 people the same day.

Interview Questions

• explain personal experiences and how you over came objection.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nationwide (San Antonio, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

the interview was easy and smooth. all my questions were answered. everyone I spoke to was very knowledgeable. everyone was friendly the campus is amazing. went on the floor to listen to some calls.

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nationwide (Des Moines, IA) in September 2014.

Interview

I was first contacted by phone and was given instructions to do a test online to evaluate my systems and customer service skills. I was then contacted by human resources hiring manager for a brief phone interview. After that I was brought into the office about three days later for a sitdown interview with two managers from my department. It was very laid-back and easy going. The management that interviewed me were very friendly and kept me feeling comfortable and open. I was presented with a very professional environment and my first impression was that this was an innovative company that promoted diverse city and inclusion.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to try to sell them a bottle of water. They also asked about tough decisions I've had to make and also adversity I've faced in the workplace.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations on salary or benefits. All employees at this position start at the same pay rate. I did go from a base salary of $30,000 to $39,500 in a year. They were very honest with me about how much agents make and were very accurate with my questions about commission.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nationwide (San Antonio, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

Was told I could have a good day shift and high pay (at least 50k-75k) ... the truth - nights and weekends and 28,500, maybe 35-36K after bonus

Negotiation

no negotiation. you are a number there, not a person