Nationwide Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nationwide Financial Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

3.1

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nationwide Financial.

Interview

Local Interview process with common questions:
    Nationwide has an interview process that is common to the culture of Nationwide. This interview process actually is beneficial to internal candidates that understand the culture of Nationwide to formulate to the current model that Nationwide uses for all of their IT projects.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself. Don't they all ask those questions?   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nationwide Financial (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

They call you in for an interview first. The first interview is typically with 2-3 managers in the same group. It is in a conference room. They start by asking questions about you and then go into their questions about how much you know in that job/role. Someone else advised they had 2 interviews. I only had 1.

Interview Questions

• They gave a list of claims vocabulary which you had to define in front of them. They asked about conflicts with others/manager and how to resolved them. They asked technical coverage questions.   1 Answer

Financial Leadership Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nationwide Financial (Columbus, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Did not like this at all. I've had an internship with the company prior to getting this full time interview and was sure I wanted to work for this company. I only had one person on campus and I'm not even waiting on a response.

There weren't any questions about me with the exception of one. He asked a lot of what he considered "abstract" questions to get to know how I think that I thought was just another word for irrelevant and I would have appreciated him getting to know me and my experience instead. I no longer want to be with this company.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do on the weekend?   Answer Question
    • If it's 3:15, what is the angle between the minute and the hour hand?   1 Answer
    • About how many manholes are in Manhattan?
      Follow up question: Why do you think they make manholes round (instead of a square or triangle)?
      Answer Question
    • Why do you think nationwide opened a bank?   1 Answer
    • What products do we offer?   1 Answer

Territory Development Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Financial (Dublin, OH).

Interview

Mostly questions about character, honesty, "what would you do" kind of things. Casual with two ladies and myself. Follow-up interview with two gentlemen in same setting. Small conference room. Very nice and genuine feeling to interviewers, nothing negative to say.

Interview Questions

• What are you most proud of?

Tell me about a time you met a deadline, tell me about a time you failed and what you learned from the experience.. Etc. Lots of "Tell me about a time..." So have your stories of highs and lows in your career ready to go, along with lessons learned.

What is something you struggle with or could improve?

Honestly it was alot of character-based questions to gauge your personality.. not much technical-oriented or job-specific questioning, which surprised me. No quiz on my skills or knowledge, but I did have a friend on the team so that may have helped. Knowing someone can be everything.
      Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Financial.

Interview

Phone interview was the first step. Basically asked me a series of situation questions, what I knew about the company, what kind of work environment I wanted to work in. After I passed the phone interview they asked me if I wanted to come into the office so I could shadow and talk in person. Received an offer later that day. The whole process took about two weeks or so.

Interview Questions

• If your coworkers at your current job could say anything about you, what would they say?   Answer Question

Commercial Insurance Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Financial (San Antonio, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

first had to take online assessment, lasted about 30 mins. Involved taking practice calls, thew a website. Then was an phone interview that was like a per-recorded robot, where you had to record your answers. (not a live interview with a real person.) Then I was invited to the main campus for an interview. Three person interview panel. One typing and recording all your answers as you speak them. Two other people took turns asking you all situation type questions. Then for 30 minutes...you went and sat with one of the other reps, and listen/watched them take calls and work. Then they called you back into the room, and explained in great detail the hours, the time office policy etc... etc. Whole thing last two hours, all interviewers wore jeans and sloppy t-shirts. Hardest longest interview i ever had in 40 plus years.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had a dispute with a co-worker and had did you resolve it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to learn a lot of new information in a short amount of time, and how did you go about doing it.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time, when you had multiple things due with the same deadlines. How did you prioritize them, and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time, when a customer was unhappy and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nationwide Financial (Columbus, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

It was at my campus career services. Very business casual and the interview was not stressful at all. The interview was great and asked simple question about yourself and your prior work experience.

Senior Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nationwide Financial (Scottsdale, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

Very thorough and in depth. They have standard questions in the form of a technical review. There are several control questions (personality) and narrative relating to applicants moral and ethical judgement.

Interview Questions

• What is RCV? What is depreciation? Who pays for a Public Adjuster? What is your farthest level of education? When are you planning more?   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Financial (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

Interview was scheduled within one week. They didn't get back to me for one month. Almost took another job, as I didn't know if I was selected or not for so long.

Interview Questions

• Strengths & weaknesses were asked.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Slight negotiation. This company is probably a little more generous than most, especially years ago.

IT Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Financial (Scottsdale, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

It was quick and easy, manager was forthcoming with much info. about the job. They allowed me to talk the majority of the time describing my past work experience. The Manager and Team Lead engaged with questions when clarification was needed to ensure I was the right candidate for the job.

Interview Questions

• How is your experience with working in a team environment?   1 Answer