Nationwide Insurance Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nationwide Insurance Agent Interview Questions

Interviews at Nationwide

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Nationwide (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2008.

Interview

Interviews with several people in the company as this was for an employee agent position. Online tests at home. Background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offered a contract, the option was to take it or leave it.

Other Interview Reviews for Nationwide

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southport, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nationwide (Southport, NC) in May 2012.

Interview

We talked about the position and then I took a profile test.

Interview Questions

• What attracts you to the insurance industry   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Interview

This was for a satellite branch office. Interview was fairly casual as the interviewee was still setting up the new office in his jeans and a t-shirt. Very relaxed dialogue; he did most of the talking. He showed a lot of respect and referred to the interview being a two-way process and "mutual fit." I walked in wanting the job; by the end I really wanted to work for HIM.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, just your usual work experience, values, what are you looking for kind of questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No salary leeway but some scheduling and benefits negotiation.

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide in September 2011.

Interview

Personality evaluation is used. Phone calls and in person interviews you can expect 3 to 5. District Manger interview. Getting the insurance license is the most intensive. Out of pocket to pay for the training and the insurance tests. Without passing the state tests there is no hire. After being hired, further training is taken care of by the agency.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't a gotcha question, they are getting to know you and need to feel comfortable that you are honest and will do well by the agency and the people that in trust themselves to you.   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nationwide in April 2011.

Interview

Very lengthy. Must have a large amount of liquid assets

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiating. Set in stone.

Insurance Agent Interview

Interview

Basic phone interview leading to an in person interview. It was typical questions that any other company would ask like: GPA, experience similar to job applied to. I would recommend this to friends because it is a great place to start a career any maybe be your future career.

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview

Every agency is different. I just went in, showed my licenses, gave my personal strengths and weaknesses, expectations, described past work history, and how I would be of benefit to the agency. It was only one single interview and then we met in a coffee shop later to discuss salary. Again, every agency is different. This was a VERY small agency.

Negotiation

Fight for your base salary. Commission percentages aren't enough to live off of until about the 2nd year.

Insurance Agent Interview

Interview

got a call and email. phone interview and onsite interview. received offer in 30 days. thats it. Share your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process.

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nationwide (Asheville, NC).

Interview

Painful! The agent did all the talking and asked me very few questions and really told me very little about what to expect. I wasn't given any information about benefits, or lack there of. The job I wound up doing was not at all what was discussed during the job interview.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nationwide (Baltimore, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

pretty simple interview. Already having a P&C license along with customer service experience got me in the door. This was actually an agent I worked for rather than Nationwide itself

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult situation you were once in and how you handled it.   1 Answer