Nationwide Insurance Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nationwide Insurance Agent Interview Questions

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nationwide (Hickory, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

I have had 2 interviews with 2 different nationwides and they were both 2 different experiences. One was your basic get a feel for you and see if they could see you working there and the other was short sweet and to the point about what the job offered and was more like asking are you ready for the commitment. I guess what I'm trying to say is expect anything!

Interview Questions

• What Qualifies you for the position   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nationwide

Insurance Agent Interview

Interview

got a call and email. phone interview and onsite interview. received offer in 30 days. thats it. Share your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process.

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nationwide (Asheville, NC).

Interview

Painful! The agent did all the talking and asked me very few questions and really told me very little about what to expect. I wasn't given any information about benefits, or lack there of. The job I wound up doing was not at all what was discussed during the job interview.

Insurance Agent Interview

Interview

Basic phone interview leading to an in person interview. It was typical questions that any other company would ask like: GPA, experience similar to job applied to. I would recommend this to friends because it is a great place to start a career any maybe be your future career.

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview

Every agency is different. I just went in, showed my licenses, gave my personal strengths and weaknesses, expectations, described past work history, and how I would be of benefit to the agency. It was only one single interview and then we met in a coffee shop later to discuss salary. Again, every agency is different. This was a VERY small agency.

Negotiation

Fight for your base salary. Commission percentages aren't enough to live off of until about the 2nd year.

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Hill, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nationwide (Cedar Hill, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Initially the principal agent discovered I obtained my life insurance license. After speaking with him at church, I decided to meet him at the office. Once I got in office, spoke with Principal agent to discuss my contacts and goals. Meeting was productive and expectations were outlined. Interviewer was personal friend so interview only lasted 15 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Interview

This was for a satellite branch office. Interview was fairly casual as the interviewee was still setting up the new office in his jeans and a t-shirt. Very relaxed dialogue; he did most of the talking. He showed a lot of respect and referred to the interview being a two-way process and "mutual fit." I walked in wanting the job; by the end I really wanted to work for HIM.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, just your usual work experience, values, what are you looking for kind of questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No salary leeway but some scheduling and benefits negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southport, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nationwide (Southport, NC) in May 2012.

Interview

We talked about the position and then I took a profile test.

Interview Questions

• What attracts you to the insurance industry   1 Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide in September 2011.

Interview

Personality evaluation is used. Phone calls and in person interviews you can expect 3 to 5. District Manger interview. Getting the insurance license is the most intensive. Out of pocket to pay for the training and the insurance tests. Without passing the state tests there is no hire. After being hired, further training is taken care of by the agency.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't a gotcha question, they are getting to know you and need to feel comfortable that you are honest and will do well by the agency and the people that in trust themselves to you.   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nationwide in April 2011.

Interview

Very lengthy. Must have a large amount of liquid assets

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiating. Set in stone.