Nationwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.7

Personal Lines Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ankeny, IA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Ankeny, IA).

Interview

This was for a position that involved 6 weeks of training in personal lines underwriting for the West Coast. I have many years experience in personal lines, grew up and started my insurance career on the West Coast and had many years as an agent for Allied. I did the first phone interview and then never heard anything within the time frame they said I would. I emailed the recruiter back and received a generic email back saying there were better candidates for the position. I asked for some feedback on what I could do to make myself be a better candidate and heard nothing back.

Interview Questions

• Why I thought I'd be a good fit. Would the hours work for me and what was my current salary. I have a feeling the salary question probably had a lot to do with my not being one of the chosen candidates although I did say that my salary was open to discussion if I were to be given the opportunity.   Answer Question

Interview

I was called by the claims manager after submitting my resume and interviewed with two current claims managers in that office about a week later. I did a brief phone interview before scheduling the actual interview. The in-person interview consisted of a brief tour of the office and about 45 minutes to an hour of questions and conversation.

Interview Questions

• There were a lot of STAR questions where they want to know a specific situation, how you handled it and what was the outcome, be prepared to give concrete examples. Specific questions such as give an example of a time when you improved or changed a way of doing something in your previous job, what was the outcome?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was very informal and relaxed. Nothing too hard just basic personality questions, how would you fit into the culture. Nationwide is a company where the people are very down to earth and easy to talk to. Overall the interview wasn't too bad as long as you take the time to get to know the company.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I had once phone screen where HR asked regular questions like what interested you in this role. Later another phone interview with Hiring manager where he asked technical questions. Next step was supposed to be onsite interviews.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview

It was a combination of behavioral questions and knowledge based question. There was also a activity included in the interviewing. The hiring process was easy and very well organized. The people were helpful and a great working environment with people around always willing to help.

Outside Property Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Interviewed with them over six years ago. The interview has changed substantially since then as I only interviewed with one manager. Now its a group process. I wouldn't recommend working for this company.

MBA Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nationwide (New York, NY).

Interview

I submit resume through career fair. They give me interview right after I submitted. The interviewer is very nice and try to make you comfortable about their questions. All questions are small case questions, no walk through resume, no behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• how to calculate how many manholes there are in Manhattan?   1 Answer
    • How many degrees before hour and minute needle when it's 3:15.   1 Answer
    • why the manhole is round?   1 Answer

Nationwide IT Interrn Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Oxford, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Nationwide came to my university for a career expo. I spoke with a representative at the table, was asked to attend an on sight interview the next day, and was told I'd receive a call within a week.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to work alone or on a team?   Answer Question
    • If offered a job with us next summer, would you prefer to work on the same team, or on a new team that your previous team recommended for you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase, but the decision period was about two weeks long.

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lonetree, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nationwide (Lonetree, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online received an email screening shortly thereafter. Within a few days face to face was scheduled. Interviewed with two managers, who were very polite and professional. Interview lasted for about 45 minutes and after it was over I was invited upstairs to shadow for about twenty minutes. I was told I would hear back in a few weeks, however it was actually a few months.

Claims Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbia, MD).

Interview

Two hiring managers interviewed me with a list of questions. Very customer center focused questions. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. Different scenarios I had to go into and what I would do.

Interview Questions

• If someone told you they were in a car accident what questions would you ask to determine who was at fault.   1 Answer