Nationwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 13, 2017

2.8

Agile Coach (Contract Through Modis) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Modis provided step-by-step instructions on what to expect and how to prepare, and then I met with two people at Nationwide. They were most interested in my experience in the area being interviewed for and I thought it was an excellent interview process. They focused on the job specific criteria, asked relevant questions, and made me feel welcome and a part of the process.

Interview Questions

• Background and experience in areas being interviewed for.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Very pleasant experience. The interviewer is professional and polite. They ask questions about basics in data analysis including regression analysis, logistic regression analysis, and so on. The also ask basic questions on the softwares including R and SPSS.

Member Care Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Dublin, OH).

Interview

The interview wasn't very difficult. I had an initial phone interview that lasted for 10 minutes, afterwards I was scheduled for an in person interview. The in person interview was pretty easy, I shadowed a representative taking calls for the first fifteen minutes, after that I was interviewed by two managers. I was asked to go over my resume and explain why I left previous employers, and what my roles consisted of from previous employers. There were three interview questions that were asked in the STAR format. After that, I was given more information about the job. I was hired on the spot and accepted the offer the same day.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to resolve a situation without any resources available to you.   Answer Question

TDL Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview

Interview with leads on technical aspects, there were several really good questions. There were questions about my background, questions to understand my technical expertise, certain tactical questions to understand my level of knowledge. They also explained the details of the role that will be assigned

Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview

Initial contact by internal recruiter for phone interview. Then there was an in person interview with a panel. After the interview, there was follow-up from the recruiter regarding the status.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation in a mediation where the mediator is leaning on you heavily for more money than has been offered.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was very smooth, HR was very professional and provide all the information for decision making. The whole process took less than 2 weeks, it was a very good experience.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbia, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone screen, then in-person interview with team lead. Show up prepared to answer a question about what you would ask a policyholder who recently has had an accident. They seem very intent on honing in on personality questions, and saying you are an introvert is clearly an incorrect response even if you say you are outgoing at the office. Incredibly professional staff and it seems like they have a lot of positive internal turnover which is a good thing.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize tasks when it is clear you will not have time to complete all of them?   Answer Question

Personal Lines Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ankeny, IA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Ankeny, IA).

Interview

This was for a position that involved 6 weeks of training in personal lines underwriting for the West Coast. I have many years experience in personal lines, grew up and started my insurance career on the West Coast and had many years as an agent for Allied. I did the first phone interview and then never heard anything within the time frame they said I would. I emailed the recruiter back and received a generic email back saying there were better candidates for the position. I asked for some feedback on what I could do to make myself be a better candidate and heard nothing back.

Interview Questions

• Why I thought I'd be a good fit. Would the hours work for me and what was my current salary. I have a feeling the salary question probably had a lot to do with my not being one of the chosen candidates although I did say that my salary was open to discussion if I were to be given the opportunity.   Answer Question

Interview

I was called by the claims manager after submitting my resume and interviewed with two current claims managers in that office about a week later. I did a brief phone interview before scheduling the actual interview. The in-person interview consisted of a brief tour of the office and about 45 minutes to an hour of questions and conversation.

Interview Questions

• There were a lot of STAR questions where they want to know a specific situation, how you handled it and what was the outcome, be prepared to give concrete examples. Specific questions such as give an example of a time when you improved or changed a way of doing something in your previous job, what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview

It was a combination of behavioral questions and knowledge based question. There was also a activity included in the interviewing. The hiring process was easy and very well organized. The people were helpful and a great working environment with people around always willing to help.