Nationwide Member Care Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nationwide Member Care Representative Interview Questions

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (San Antonio, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

The process moved along quickly...after applying online, I received an email to do an assessment. A few days after I completed the assessment I received an email for a virtual interview and to complete background application. Next, got the email for an in person interview. I got to the interview early and waited a while for it to start. Interview took place in a small room with two people. It was a STAR behavior interview. One person asked the questions while the other typed on laptop. It seemed like the interviewer tried to make light of the situation and joke around a bit. I honestly didn't get the joke/jokes, so it was a bit awkward. After interview, they gave me a tour. I was told they'd make a decision within a week. However, I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nationwide

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (San Antonio, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied on Nationwides website with my resume which was very refreshing since I didn't have to create an account or answer all these questions that were on my resume anyway. I was sent an automated message about a week later to do a 30 minute assessment. A couple of days later after I completed the assessment I was contacted by a recruiter via email instructing me to do a automated phone interview. after I completed that the recruiter contacted me via email about 3 days later and gave me possible interview times and the start date of new job as well as a schedule times and days off. After I considered both times she sent me for an interview I moved things around and emailed her about a day later letting her know of my availability and time I choose for the interview. I get a automated response saying she was out of the office until the following week.
    When she got back I emailed her again which she now said it was too late to hire me for the start date of August so she emailed me info for start date of September. We agreed on Wednesday July 29th that I would go and interview on August 3rd at 9AM she stated that I would get a separate confirmation email from her assistant with date and address of my interview.
    This is where they start to unravel if you will because I never received an email from the recruiters assistant so I sent an email to her on Friday morning telling her that I have still not received the confirmation email from her assistant. She lets me know that he will send it later on that day. I never received anything from him on Friday or Saturday so Monday morning comes and I still have no email so I email the recruiter, her assistant (who was out of the office for a week) and call the numbers on the email. I left multiple voice mails etc. I finally get a response from her around 11AM two hours after I was suppose to have my interview. She squeezes me in for 1PM seeing how it was there fault I didn't make it.
    I get to the interview and right at check in they don't have my name they have it under a different name which was cleared up after 10 minutes. I finally meet with two supervisors and I feel like I aced the interview we were laughing, asking questions, sharing information/stories etc overall a good experience (one thing that stood out to me was that they did not have any information as to when the start date was or the schedules I had to correct them twice because they were giving me wrong information according to the email the recruiter sent me) I get a tour of the building and they walk me out. They let me know that I will hear from the shortly. Friday comes around and no word from anyone so I email the recruiter and she stated that she will let me know by Wednesday of the following week. I email her on Thursday mind you its been over a week since my interview and she lets me know that I was suppose to have received a rejection email on Tuesday supposedly her tracker shows it was sent to me.
    The hiring recruiter and her staff are very unorganized they seem to be out a lot and for long periods of times that they don't know who sent what and when it was sent. Its a shame but over all I was a bit relieved because I cant even imagine how unorganized training may be.

Interview Questions

• What is something I don't like about my current job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Des Moines, IA).

Interview

Kinda hard to get an interview. Has testing that u have to complete. Consists of phone interview, and a series of in person interviews. They look for outgoing people as you are on the phone all day with members and that is huge to Nationwide as far as member being treated like gold

Member Care Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview

After filling out an application, I received an automated email about filling out an online assessment. After taking the assessment, I was contacted by a recruiter and set up an over the phone interview which took about 20 minutes long. I was asked to schedule my face to face interview right after I completed the phone interview. They allow you to shadow someone in the position for the first 15 minutes to get an idea of what your responsibilities will be. After that, you are interviewed by two Nationwide representatives asking situational questions. Ex: "Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and what did you learn from that experience." Overall, good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to go above and beyond in a situation and what was the end result?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nationwide (Dublin, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online through company website, heard back from HR within 24 business hours via email. Email was followed up by phone call two days later with Recruiter through Randstad and an interview date/time was set up for the following week (roughly 4 days later).

Interview was performed by a micro-panel featuring two supervisors with Nationwide after a brief job shadowing experience for around 20 minutes.

The first thing I noticed was that despite my resume being exceptionally written/formatted and clearly stating I have worked in a variety of customer service positions, they immediately said - "So, it looks like you haven't worked in any call centers before, correct?" I, of course, acknowledged them by responding "Quite the contrary if you notice I have several positions I have held in numerous call centers as a customer service representative. To me, this means they didn't truly pay any attention to my resume (or my resume was written above their understanding).

The interview lasted for around an hour from the moment I entered the building until getting back into my car.

Salary and shift selection were discussed as well as the position's details and other bits of information about Nationwide as a company and the culture/environment.

They asked very inclusive questions regarding my job history, and seemed taken back that I was a commuter. Millions of people commute for work each day, so I wasn't sure why that was such a shock.

They didn't ask anything about my education, despite the fact that I am currently in college. Nothing about my skills or abilities, and nothing about me personally to determine a fit for the company.

After I explained some of my job history, they began their questions. They asked three questions, all worded in ways meant to derail you. Then they asked me if I had any questions, and ended the interview by saying I should hear back by the end of the next week. They refused to shake my hand as I left, which to me was unprofessional and rude. You are to shake hands as you enter and shake hands as you leave, that is proper interview etiquette.

However, I did not have to wait that long. They responded via email the following afternoon by saying that after reviewing my background and employment history they went with candidates with abilities and skills better suited.

I have extensive training, education, and employment - so I knew the turn down was because I have had a range of short-term and temporary positions versus long-term positions. I felt the interview itself went well despite the ending of the no handshake, so they really have a very good poker face when they're going to turn you down.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you made a mistake in the past and how you would go about not making the same mistake now, or what would you do differently if you could have?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where you were not prepared for a situation, and how would you have handled that situation differently now?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where you have had to go above and beyond in a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Dublin, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Very long took 4 weeks have to pass the assessment first then you get a virtual interview if you do well you get 2nd interview which I did the two people that interview me one name Victor made me feel really uncomfortable and I knew I wasn't going to get the job and I didn't

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you made a mistake and how did you fix it   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Dublin, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

Process took 4 weeks,applied online on a Friday was sent an assesment Monday. Finished the assesment and was contacted by phone the following Friday by a recruiter asked me if I had time to do a virtual Interview and I said yes. So recruiter sent me a link to do the virtual interview and also left a note stating to contact them after do finishing and, so I did. The recruiter contacted me back and asked me when I would be available to do a face to face interview and so I said I could the following Tuesday. I then went to the face to face interview with 2 hiring managers which both were very friendly and very informative made me feel comfortable. When interview was over which took about 45 minutes they told me someone from he should get in touch with me later during the week or early the following week and so they did by Wednesday of the following week with an offer and so I accepted yay!

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a mistake what did you do to fix the problem   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating salary was already set

Member Care Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview

Applied online and contacted by a recruiter who explained everything - salary, what to expect, nature of the job. Interviewed by 2 supervisors. All 3 were very comfortable and friendly, easy to connect with and talk to. So many other jobs will intimidate you, but this is not their intention - I was pleasantly surprised by the interview, and really enjoyed it. It made me want to work here.

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nationwide (Des Moines, IA) in October 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by two individuals who after being hired, I never saw again- very strange.
    Was given a folder full of cards, each card had a cheesy corporate-esque word on it (leadership, communication, innovation, etc.) I was told to pick three that most closely described me and explain my choices. This was allegedly an "ice breaker game", but any intelligent person would know that we're talking about some serious corporate backslapping. The rest of the interview was fairly standard: "tell me about a time when..."

Interview Questions

• Most of the interview questions were: "Tell me about a time when..."   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, which was frustrating after seeing that my training class was full of people with zero experience.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH) in August 2012.

Interview

Standard call center process. Applied online and received an attachment from HR requesting to fill out a questionnaire asking questions like, "What makes you qualified for the job?" Then shortly, recived a link to take a three part assessment test. Interviewed a couple weeks later in front of two supervisors.

Interview Questions

• They gave me cards with some words on them, like "loyal" "accountability" and you had pick three out of twelve or so cards and explain why you picked those three cards.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was non negotiable and it actually stated that in the job posting.