Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (Aurora, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

Filled out application online, received call the next week, interviewed with 3 management people. They were very encouraging, telling me that the fact I wasn't hugely experienced in cashiering was not a problem, it was something I could learn. They were nice and encouraging.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Natural Grocers?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Park, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (Cedar Park, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

They just asked my availability, if I had transportation and prior experience using a register. It was a pretty quick interview and I was hired on the spot. Started the next day, it was really simple. Not many questions asked.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Store and assistant managers were both there. Discussed previous employment, goals for the future, and why I'd like to work with the company. The next day i got a call back, and started the next week.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by email a few weeks later for an interview. I interviewed with the store manager and assistant manager. I was asked about my previous experience, why I wanted to work there, what I knew about the company, and some fact based questions about natural food. There were a few situational questions, so you should have some anecdotes from work or school prepared. I was pretty nervous and thought I had given a couple lame answers but two days later I got a call back offering me a position.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted for an interview about three days later. I met with the store manager, regional manager, and an HR recruiter. We discussed my employment experience and why I was seeking employment with them. It definitely helped that I had plenty of experience in grocery retail. They explained more about the position, benefits, employee discount, etc. It ended on a good note and the store manager told me they would contact me the following week with their decision. Exactly one week later they called and offered me a position.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't difficult at all. They mainly asked about my experiences with previous employers. They are also very serious about customer service, so expect many questions about that if you are interviewing for this position. For example, what does great customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They offered me a lot more than I was making at my other job with the potential for a raise after only a few months of employment, so I definitely did not complain.

Cashier Interview

Interview

I applied online on their website and heard from them about a week later. The interview was the 3 person panel type. They asked the typical interview questions that have to do with your previous work experience and why you want to work for their company. They explained their benefits, employee discount etc.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions. If you've had some experience with interviewing, it's pretty easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (Denver, CO) in April 2012.

Interview

Met with two store managers and discussed my previous background in grocery retail. They asked me about my expectations for an employer and informed me of the benefits and employee discount offered through the company.

Interview Questions

• It was a very straight forward interview. There were no difficult questions, just those about previous experience and how that experience related to the job I'd applied for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was a flat offer and when I tried to negotiate, I was told I could take it or leave it. I needed the job, so I took it.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (Austin, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

I think the kind of interview you'll get with these folks is mostly based on who's doing the interview. The company is a bit of a mess, in my opinion.

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (Denton, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

One interview with Manager/Asst and you're hired, you go in for a first interview and sit down. It's really casual. Make sure to mention World Class Customer Service, that's the big thing they look for. Be chipper and overly happy.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage.

Interview

There was not one. I can't say anything when nothing happened but have to say something here so this will let this be submitted. It's a very fly-by-the-seat-of-the-pants place. No interview, just put in wherever you are needed no matter what the qualifications are. Seems like people are already pre-chosen for whatever it is that the management wants.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was none of that