Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage Customer Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage Customer Service Interview Questions

Interviews at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage

2.0

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage in December 2015.

Interview

After applying online, I dropped off my resume in person with the store manager. She was extremely friendly, and scheduled an interview with me on the spot for Tuesday. I felt the interviewing process went great and was told I would hear back from her the following Friday, maybe sooner.

Friday passed and I didn't hear anything from her. I waited through the weekend and gave the store a call on Monday. I was told the manager was dealing with a customer, so the customer service associate took down my name and number and told me she would deliver the message to the manager asap. I didn't receive a call back, so I assumed the message didn't get passed on.

I called again on Tuesday and got ahold of the store manager, and was told that she was figuring out budgeting for the new employees, and would have it figured out later on that day or the following day. I clarified with her that I should be hearing back from her by the following day and she said yes.

The following day passed by, and no word from the hiring manager. At the point, I was very unpleased with the lack of follow through for someone in a store manager position. Though, I love what Natural Grocers is about, and saw the positions still posted up online, so I figured budgeting may have taken longer than expected.

I called back and left my name with a customer service associate Friday, no call back. I was FINALLY able to reach her Tuesday. I asked how the hiring process was going. She responded that it went well, and she was holding off on hiring more employees, since she didn't want to over hire, and said sorry.

It was almost as if the store manager had a problem being straight forward. It wouldn't have been an issue if I was turned down the position when she said she would have gotten back to me.

This was the largest waste of time and energy I have experienced in a long while. I have never had to deal with a hiring manager failing to follow up after an interview. It was extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at Natural Grocers   Answer Question
  • When you enter a retail store, what are three things that are astetically pleasing?   Answer Question
  • what is your customer service background?   Answer Question
  • if I gave a product to you and told you we had to sell it within a time frame, what would you do to get it noticed over everything else in the store?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jonesboro, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (Jonesboro, AR).

Interview

Called in to interview twice. Once with the manager and then with the manager and assistant manager. They wanted to know what I knew about the store, nutrition, how I felt about selling products.

Interview Questions