Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage Department Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage Department Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage

2.0

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage in July 2015.

Interview

It was with manager and assistant manager. 5 written questions standardized. Manager and Assistant were very uninvolved and did not act like they cared about the process. Acted like they had already made their decision with an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation you have had to deal with.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage.

Interview

The interview process is not formal or professional. None of the candidates are asked the same questions. I witnessed the store manager making snide remarks about another candidate. Nothing I said in my interview was written down. How are they supposed to make an informed decision when they don't take notes during the interview? How are the interviews supposed to be conducted fairly if each candidate is asked different questions?

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (Denver, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

It was quick and rough. The interviewer focused on quizzing about industry lingo more than getting to know the applicant. After grilling me about what salary I would take - and not offering the range for the position - she said the job was filled anyway. Then asked would I take an entry level temporary position - since they like to hire from within, and it wouldn't be long before I find a step up. I accepted but quickly found this was a normal interview bait and switch experienced by many of my coworkers. Then we found there really was not much movement within the company except into positions offering only a slight pay increase, still not a livable wage.

Interview Questions

• How flexible are you with your personal time? Can you be available 24/7?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (Denver, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview was quick and pleasant. I think I was hired based of my experience in the industry & knowledge of the companies we work with. Management seemed laid back & care free. I started the next day.

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage.

Interview

It was a wee bit intimidating walking in to 3 person panel of interviewers. But, within a few minutes I was not nervous because they made me feel welcome and were friendly and professional. Interview was a great experience. They genuinely showed interest in my skills and work experience.

Interview Questions

• I felt prepared for the interview, so didn't think it was difficult. I was just my normal transparent self :)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview was thorough and laid back. They asked about past work skills and why I wanted to work there. Be sure to mention a passion for something health related. I commented on my personal passions as well as work experience which was both applicable for the position I was applying to. They want to hear that you have some passion within the health food, supplement, or alternative medicine areas of interest.

Interview Questions

• Past work history and skills applicable to the position.   1 Answer