Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage

2.3

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

It was a bit intimidating because the District Manager was there. However I knew the acting manager so it was an interview that turned into laughs. It was all in all a stress to stress free interview due to my connections so i don't think this will be helpful. but i can tell you to just be loose and have a work safe comeback here and there and they will probably fall in love with you.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage.

Interview

i had phone interview with recruter then phone interview with a reginal manager then i had to drive 8 hours to have a face to face interview with the recruter they were going to fly me to colorado to have a panal interview but changed the opening date and fast tracted the rest of the process

Interview Questions

• what was the conversion rate of ala to dha in a women   1 Answer

Negotiation

no option of negotiation

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage in January 2017.

Interview

was on the phone, very simple ask lots of questions about there policies , the interviewer was very nice and polite, informed me that i would know in a few days about the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (Denver, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online then did a phone interview with someone from HR. Horrible horrible interview. It was a "quiz" about nutrition. They asked the most ridiculous questions. I am a dietitian so I knew the CORRECT answers to their questions and the HR person interviewing me (no nutrition knowledge) was telling me I was wrong and correcting me with WRONG information. I was laughing during the whole interview. It was ridiculous. They don't have dietitians working there for a reason.. DIETITIANS DONT GIVE OUT FALSE INFORMATION. They instead hire "nutritionists" (anyone can call themselves a nutritionist) with no actual education on nutrition whatsoever. I told her half way through the interview that I couldn't work somewhere that gives out false nutrition information and is only trying to sell supplements. They make their money on supplements, so they tell everyone FALSE nutrition info to get them to buy them. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE place.

Interview Questions

• Is it possible to get all your required nutrients from food alone?   1 Answer

They provide people with wrong nutrition information to get them to buy their products

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage in January 2011.

Interview

The interview was conducted over the phone with the Nutrition Department in CO. It was really great and even though I didn't know the answers to all the questions the interviewer took the opportunity to educate me. I was hired and dove head first into learning more about healthy living. Still my favorite job!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online, didn't hear anything back so a week later I physically brought in my resume and cover letter, was then contacted for a phone interview to assess my nutrition knowledge. I then had a second interview in person with the store manager. Everything was smooth and well organized and they were very polite to work with every step of the way, a great first impression of the company overall.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (Santa Fe, NM) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted and initially interviewed by the home office, after answering some questions testing my nutritional knowledge I was referred to the store manager and then given a more standard job interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with public speaking?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage.

Interview

The manager was very overwhelmed and seemed quite stressed to fill several positions in the store. I love the interview process and connecting with new people so I stayed upbeat and positive. The manager was very quick to get back to me, same day, to offer me the job and I very much appreciated the brevity.

Interview Questions

• Availability was important, you have some autonomy for your office days but need to be flexible for your floor days so coverage can be met for all the departments.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was a total of two interviews. I interviewed over the phone at first with a regional manager from corporate. I was offered an in person interview with the general manager at the store I would be working at at the end of the phone interview. The phone interview lasted about an hour and was compromised mostly of questions assessing my knowledge of vitamins and nutrition. It felt very laid back despite the questions being moderately difficult. I was provided with a guide of some of the types of questions they would be asking and it was very helpful to fill out ahead of time to be able to reference. The person that interviewed me was very helpful at answering any questions I had regarding the company, job, benefits, salary, etc.

The second interview was much shorter than the first (I'm sure this could vary based on location) but it lasted less than 15 minutes. Half of that time they asked me a few basic questions regarding how I would do certain things that are integral to the job and how I am equipped to handle such tasks. The other half of that time I was asking questions about schedule, day to day stuff, and other inquiries I had. Everything went very smoothly. They contacted me 3 days later and had me fill out some paperwork online so they could submit a background check. I was later called and offered the job after the background check cleared. Overall a very smooth process and pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you help someone choose a probiotic supplement?   Answer Question

Nutritional Health Coach Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage.

Interview

First interview is over the phone and is mostly a quiz of your knowledge. They give an outline of possible topics ahead of time. It lasted about an hour.