Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage Cashier/Stocker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage Cashier/Stocker Interview Questions

Interviews at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage

1.3

Cashier/Stocker Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage in May 2015.

Interview

I applied for a job online. I called the home office and asked to speak with recruiting. I was told that they were not doing interviews and that I should keep applying. I followed that advice and applied for every position. I called home office again and finally got an interview.
To my surprise I interviewed with a panel for an entry level position. The recruiting manager as rather smug and so was the regional. The store manager sat towards the back of a crammed office and acted as if she had better things to do. Over the course of an hour they asked me a series of personality questions.
     Instead of asking me about my field of expertise, "Nutrition and holistic medicine;" the ever so incompetent regional and recruiting managers continued with their prodding personality questions.

Interview Questions

• Even though they were all reading me resume and had my work history in front of their eyes; the questions were as follows:

Where are you working now?

Where did you previously work?

and before that?

If we instill a policy you don't agree with will you quit?

Describe world class customer service to us...

Are you a team player?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage

Cashier/Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage in May 2016.

Interview

I submitted an online application. The application asks some questions about different vitamins so you might want to have access to google when filling it out. I was emailed about a job fair in town and contacted by someone in Human Resources. They just left a voicemail and when I tried calling back, no one answered. I decided to just drop by the job fair and see if I could schedule an interview. When I got there, someone was leaving. No one else was there so I was able to do an interview right away. It was a simple interview. Asked me about my job experience. What I liked about working at the places I did. Asked about a time I went above and beyond in customer service. About I time I had a tough time with a customer and how I handled it. Also asked about my experience with Natural Foods (if I shop there and whatnot) and my experience with living a healthy lifestyle. They want people who are passionate about about they are selling. Everything went really well. I was not offered the job. At the end of the interview, I mentioned that I had a trip coming up and because it would have been during the store set up, I was told that it could be an issue. Apparently it was. So if you have plans already set, I wouldn't apply unless you are willing to cancel them. They are looking for people with a completely open and flexible schedule. There are very few jobs that I would be willing to leave mine for but I have heard a lot of great things about this company. I will be applying again after the summer is over and my flexibility is more open.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond to help a customer.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had a difficult customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Do you have any cashiering experience?   Answer Question
    • What does "world class customer service" mean to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2015.

Interview

It was pretty laid back for a job interview. They called me to a hotel but that was because it was brand new. The entire process was pretty short.

Interview Questions

• Do you know about Natural Grocers?   1 Answer