Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage

2.3

Grocery Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wheat Ridge, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (Wheat Ridge, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

You sign up and put your resume up online and if your skills fit they will contact you. Usually it helps to have some grocery experience as you are going to be managing the grocery department. The recruiting department gets back to you in a pretty timely fashion. Overall it was an enjoyable experience even if I had not received the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider world class customer service?   1 Answer

Grocery Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (Oklahoma City, OK) in September 2014.

Interview

Great interview and what was expected was spot on. I was told it might get tough, but dont give up as its a great company. I really enjoyed the interview.

Interview Questions

• What made you apply for the job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (Lubbock, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Very unprofessional, interviewer kept commenting on the women that shopped there and didn't even ask about experience. Talked about his previous jobs and how boring the job could be. Only took the job because i needed the money.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage in December 2016.

Interview

Standard interview questions, no curve balls. First interview was a phone interview, then a face to face with HR/Hiring manager, I was able to continue to a 2nd face to face with the area manager.

Interview Questions

• All questions were standard questions, there were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (Denver, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

Panel interview was done remotely and covered management style and experience. Asked for various scenarios of developing and disciplining employees. General approach to building sales, customer service priority, general understanding of P & L, Shrink management.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time when you had a difficult employee, how you dealt with them and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage.

Interview

I was set up for a Skype interview with 2 groups consisting of two people each and they both lasted one hour. The interview was very easy. It was mostly HR related questions and more in depth look into my resume. After a week, they called and offered no explanation as to why they reached the decision in which they made.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to confront a difficult situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

I chose to pursue a different opportunity.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage.

Interview

Met a recruiter in person. Had two panel interviews. Took 2 personality assessments online and one that was proctored. Was evaluated by their consulting psychiatrist. The whole process took a little while. They always made me feel comfortable and were communivative. I tend to expound a lot when answering questions so I stopped and asked if I was giving too much information. They were very gracious. Study the company and do your due diligence. Make sure their values and products are something you can see yourself selling and being a part of. Remember this is retail and even though it is an exciting company it is still retail and it comes with all the good bad and the ugly of retail. Be able to answer what attracted you to the company. If your answer is justt finding another job to pay the bills is not a good answer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Their intial offer was already better than what I had.

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (Lakewood, CO).

Interview

2 phone interviews, then 2 in-person panel interviews at the home office in Lakewood. Panel interviews were with HR, recruiting, and director of ops. Phone interviews were with recruiter, then regional manager

Interview Questions

• Where else are you applying.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (Dallas, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

apply on line and and wait for an interview there is a phone screen then a second phone screening
    an interview ,then a second panel interview over all it may take a bit to get through

Systems Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (Lakewood, CO) in August 2012.

Interview

The initial application was made on their website. I was contacted very quickly and did a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was quickly scheduled to do an in person interview, which was both individual with the hiring manager and later with a couple other members of his team. From there the process ground to a halt and I had to follow up several times to see if I was still in the running. It wasn't for another month that they finally asked me back for another interview, a whiteboard session. We simply discussed an issue at a high level and talked through some potential solutions. It was not in depth technical at all. It took about a week after that to receive an offer and offer letter. I made a counter offer for slightly more money, as they had offered me about what I was making at my current job. They agreed but said in order to do so they wouldn't give me an evaluation and possible increase for 1 year, instead of the standard 90 days. So they basically didn't really budge much. From there I worked with an HR person to get the hiring process finalized and paperwork signed.

Interview Questions

• A logic question, which I was sort of expected to be able to work out and answer over the phone. I said I could figure it out, but would need a bit of time to think through it and would email the answer. They were okay with that, as I promised not to Google for the answer. The question was: "You would have 8 balls, with 7 weighing the same and one heavier. How can you determine which is the heavier by using a balance scale only twice."   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did negotiate the salary up just a bit, but then was given a 1 year review instead of a 3 month review. In hindsight it was probably a wash. I would recommend negotiating PTO days, as the 5 days per year during the first year doesn't even start accumulating until after 90 days is up.