Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage Interview Questions

Interviews at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (Albuquerque, NM) in August 2016.

Interview

I met Jillian, then the store manager, through a friend. She scheduled a date and time for me to interview with her for the position, and it went well! Jillian was great.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage.

Interview

Called back a day after applying and had a quick easy interview with two managers before getting hired on the spot! BE SURE TO MENTION “world class customer service” !! They’re big on that and it’ll impress them.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you dealt with a difficult situation at work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (Oklahoma City, OK) in December 2014.

Interview

It was brief. I found out that I wasn't one of the initial pick for employment later with hired. I ended up being considered a temporary employee which they generally higher too many of when they open the store. After the first month they let all the temporary go, except for me.

Interview Questions

• Do you have cash handling experience ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (Lakewood, CO) in March 2013.

Interview

Interview is easy, no drug testing. They ask if you want to move up in company , what your core values are. Ask about how interested in health , how to count money, and customers are always right.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage.

Interview

It was a 3rd round interview for their corporate office. A two hour long, drilling and cold experience. They acted as if they wanted to disqualify you from the very first question.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what internal metrics they were using for their ATS system.   Answer Question

Health Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (Amarillo, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Basically a test over the phone that lasts one hour. Very uncomfortable/awkward. If you don't get the question right, the interviewer tries to give you hints and then proceeds to explain the right answer, which makes you feel like you have no background education on the topic. They did not focus on WHO the potential employee is such as their experience, work ethic, personality, ability to adapt to certain situations, etc. They email you a day before the interview stating they will be "testing" your knowledge on certain topics but they are actually looking for specific answers, which is a bit ridiculous. Of course I did not answer every test question exactly how they wanted to, but what do they expect? When people are put on the spot to answer something specific they learned five years ago in their college nutrition classes, I can imagine it would be difficult for anyone. I am a credentialed registered dietitian and they were not impressed with that. This company needs to fine-tune their interviewing process as they most likely miss out on people who have great potential (AND an nutrition degree) and are sadly "judged" by a test. You would think they are looking for a candidate who has an overall grasp of supplements, organic foods, antibiotic resistance, etc. and utilize their 4+ week training to brush up on the things that can be learned quickly. Their expectations and pay ($18/hr) do not correlate at all, so beware, RD's! Take your hard-earned skills to a company who will value that.

Interview Questions

• List the three n-3 fatty acids and specific sources of each   Answer Question
    • Explain the relationship between calcium and hydrochloric acid   Answer Question

Head Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (Denver, CO).

Interview

Very personable. Not too many "What would you do" questions. Focuses on experience and why you want to work for them. If the manger like you, you are in. Not much to it at all. They like energy, customer service and happy people.

Interview Questions

• Past experience and how it relates to what you want to get from working with NG.   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage in July 2015.

Interview

It was with manager and assistant manager. 5 written questions standardized. Manager and Assistant were very uninvolved and did not act like they cared about the process. Acted like they had already made their decision with an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation you have had to deal with.   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage.

Interview

The interview process is not formal or professional. None of the candidates are asked the same questions. I witnessed the store manager making snide remarks about another candidate. Nothing I said in my interview was written down. How are they supposed to make an informed decision when they don't take notes during the interview? How are the interviews supposed to be conducted fairly if each candidate is asked different questions?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (Denver, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview was quick and pleasant. I think I was hired based of my experience in the industry & knowledge of the companies we work with. Management seemed laid back & care free. I started the next day.