Nature Publishing Group Editor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nature Publishing Group Editor Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nature Publishing Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Spoke to the Chief Editor of the journal on the phone. Completed a written exercise including assessing recent papers published in the journal, pitching topics for reviews, and suggesting improvements for the journal. Was promptly invited for an interview and promptly offered the job after the interview. Interview consisted of a manuscript test, and several informal meetings and discussions with other editors. Salary offer was much lower than initially suggested by the Chief Editor, and negotiations were very tough. Very short time frame for entire negotiation process.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were drilling down on the manuscript test and defending my answers. What if the authors had done an additional experiment, then would you accept? Etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nature Publishing Group

Editor Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nature Publishing Group in February 2009.

Interview

The first show of interest was quick, but then it dragged on. I must not have been exactly who they were looking for, which is fine. I felt very uncomfortable (personality clash?) during the interview. It is worth remembering that at the same time they are interviewing you, you are also interviewing them. HR was very helpful.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nature Publishing Group (London, England (UK)) in March 2009.

Interview

Selection consists of several steps, written tests, manuscript analysis, general knowledge, motivation.
    first steps remotely via email, then personal interview.
    I was expecting some scientific staff to be attending the interview, but it was all internally managed.
    I had the impression people were not especially interested in understanding my personality, it was a bit cold and detached.
    I was expecting a very challenging interview, yet it was pretty straightforward.