Naugatuck Valley Community College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Naugatuck Valley Community College

Bridge to College Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Naugatuck Valley Community College (Waterbury, CT).

Interview

I received a call from a women named Pam asking if I would be available to come in for an interview in two weeks at 12 pm (they were unable to accommodate a 9am). I accepted, and was told I would be meeting with the search committee in a room in Kinney Hall. Upon arriving at the designated time, I was asked to wait outside a conference room where I would be interviewing because some of the committee did not yet arrive. Upon entering the room, I was greeted by two men and two women. It was a typical interview format where I sat at the head of the table and each interviewer went around asking me typical interview questions such as, " Why do you want this job?" and " why would you be a good fit?" etc. A lot of the questions pertained to " Understanding the under served population". I thought I was insightful and creative, but at the end of the interview I was told by a female interviewer that I shouldn't have said "I was using the job as a stepping stone", because it sounds like I would leave for a better job- although it was a grant funded position which could be eliminated at any time without notice. About two hours after the interview, I received a call again from Pam requesting that I come in for a second interview, but this time I have to give a fifteen minute presentation to the President and her colleagues on " Describe the Process of serving underrepresented students". I agreed, but after a few days I called to inform them that I was no longer interested in the position. I received a call from the same women who made the snarky comment to me, practically begging me to come in for the second interview. Like a fool, I agreed, and spent time and energy putting together a powerpoint presentation for this interview. I gave my presentation to about 15 people-all who could have cared less about being there. Afterwards, I was escorted to meet with the President, Provost, and some other smug guy in the Presidents Office. The interview was more like an interrogation. They grilled me on why after receiving my undergraduate degree ( in 2007) I was unemployed for three months- Hello! because I couldn't find a job! They asked why I struggled in a sociology class back in 2006, although I received an 3.8 GPA for my Masters. Keep in mind that the position I was interviewing for was to support developmental students, and that their mantra is to be supportive and non-judgmental educators. However, their demeanor and judgmental interviewing questions is a stark contrast to their attitudes. In short, I wasted so much time, energy, and money in this interview process. Also, the school is a dump.

Interview Questions

• What are contributing factors to the academic failure of black males?
      Do you have experience with grant writing?
      Tell us about yourself?   Answer Question