Naval Information Warfare Center Atlantic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Naval Information Warfare Center Atlantic

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Naval Information Warfare Center Atlantic

Computer Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Naval Information Warfare Center Atlantic.

Interview

Met recruiters at a college job fair. Talked a few times with recruiter. Started the employment process. Had 3 different interviews. Employment package and paperwork is lengthy. Background and clearance was required. Background check went back 10 years. Everything is needed to be known for a clearance approval. Drug test required. Interview with security clearance which require 10 years background check, fingerprinted, credit check, etc. Week long new employee orientation. Check in process requires going to every department and having signature that you visited that area. Swear in as a federal employee.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult questions was trying to remember all addresses, phone numbers, references, relatives, etc back 10 years.   Answer Question

Computer Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Naval Information Warfare Center Atlantic (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

It is an inane procees where tthey hand you a piece of paper and give you 30 minutes to answer a handful of questioons in front of a panel. questions are mostly non technical. There is no conversation or follow up questions.

Interview Questions

• if you have some experience, the questions are not that difficult. They are more like compare and contrast agile and waterfall.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salaries are highly prescribed so there isn't a lot of room for negotiation.

Computer Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Naval Information Warfare Center Atlantic (Norfolk, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

Process is loooooong - I mean months long and you have to do an intense amount of paperwork. Even after you get an interview, it may be months before you hear back, if ever.
    It was a panel interview. They give you a list of questions on a sheet of paper and then give you 30 minutes to answer them. There is no back and forth and the panel members just stare at you and take notes. It is really creepy.

Administrative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Naval Information Warfare Center Atlantic (Charleston, SC) in April 2012.

Interview

I had a 30 minute panel interview. These interviews have become conference calls. Questions were more about getting to know you. HR takes forever to get you an offer and even longer to bring you on board. SPAWAR is worth the wait.

Administrative Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Naval Information Warfare Center Atlantic.

Interview

The interview was simple that it was difficult. As an expierenced worker, there was no way to really sell yourself. Maybe they have an idea of who they would like to select based on resume/degree. It was pretty relaxed and that made me even more interested. Based on the questions, I couldn't really do that.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Naval Information Warfare Center Atlantic.

Interview

Send resume, and unofficial transcripts via SPAWAR’s website. A month later, I got a call back for a phone interview after a week. The phone call was about 30 mins and following were the topics:
    1. Introduced to my supervisor
    2. Introduced to Charleston SC area
    3. Reviewed my resume
    4. I was asked about my location preferences i.e. DC, San Diego CA, or Charleston SC. I picked Charleston SC.
    4. An offer was send within week and half.
    The whole process took me five months. This period includes first day of applying, interview, first day at job.
    The interviewer knows what he/she is asking and looking for. Be yourself answers the questions.

Negotiation

The pay scales are set based on education with area adjustment.

Senior Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Naval Information Warfare Center Atlantic (Charleston, SC) in August 2010.

Interview

Government process requires full competitive effort. Submit resume' via USAJOBS.gov then wait to see if you are eligible. If you are, your resume will be competed against others and then the most "viable" candidates will be interviewed. Once a decision is made, you will receive a letter with an offer or not. Whole process can take months. Mine took 9 months from start to finish. As of 2013-14, there is a hiring freeze so only rare positions are currently being filled.

Interview Questions

• Interview is not very organized... Questions are generic and most decisions are made from your resume info and your overall personality.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation. Government pay scales are precise and have no room for modification. Also, vacation pay is on a schedule that is not negotiable.

Scientist/Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Naval Information Warfare Center Atlantic in March 2012.

Interview

This was a simple phone interview that comprised mostly of HR questions and questions about my willing to to work in less desirable conditions. My degree did most of the talking as far as my technical competence was concerned.

Interview Questions

• What was a success you had and how did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Based entirely on GPA.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Naval Information Warfare Center Atlantic in December 2018.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two phone interviews. The first was with a person from HR, who just asked about my interests, to help place me in a division, and also told me more about SPAWAR. The second interview was with a supervisor in a specific division. All the questions that were asked were all softball questions. There were really no technical questions.