Naval Surface Warfare Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Naval Surface Warfare Center Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2017

2.0

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center.

Interview

Called over phone. Discussed past experiences, and hobbies. Didn't even talk about the job, was just a conversation. We talked about graduate research, cars, and hands on stuff. Easy.

Pathways Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center.

Interview

I submitted my application on the USA Jobs website and then did a phone interview, which was very generic and simple. There were multiple people on the phone listening to the interview, but only one person actually prompted me with questions.

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview was more of a sales pitch to accept the job. I was not asked any interview questions. The interview included a facilities tour and powerpoint with senior management.

Computer Scientist Interview

Interview

It was a very simple process. it was just a phone interview with the manager followed by 3 months of waiting for human resources to process the application and complete the hiring process.

Machinery Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through my school's job center and interviewed with a representative on campus. I was asked several questions (I think around 7-8) and was given the chance to ask the interviewer questions I had.

PathwaysCrane Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online in October, interviewed in December. Phone interview with three recruiters. Mostly behavioral and walking them through my resume. The interviewers weren't electrical engineers, so I was not asked any technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you would do in the following situation. You and your team are working on a project. The deadline is nearing but you are behind on your work and don't expect to complete your portion on time.   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time when you faced a deadline and what was the result?   1 Answer
    • What makes you a better candidate compared to other applicants?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center.

Interview

I went into a room with four interviewers. They were very nice and asked STAR questions that are common. They also asked personality questions. It did feel a little intimidating since they were all on one side of the table while I was on the other side.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase; the pay scale was set.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center in March 2016.

Interview

Contacted by email and then weeks later set up an interview for 15 minutes over the phone with recruiters and upper management. A few more emails over the week and then a job offer came.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews with mostly behavioral questions, then they asked me to apply online for a job.
    The interviewers were nice, but the phone had several managers on the call with all asking questions.

Student Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

The deadlines for the application process are pretty strict so you really need to stay on top of the paperwork. They give the option for either a phone interview or an in person interview which was nice because I was able to do the interview without missing any class. After the interview you need to fill out tons of paperwork before you can continue with the process, I spent probably 5-7 hours working through the different forms.