Naval Surface Warfare Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Naval Surface Warfare Center Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2017

2.2

Computer Scientist Interview

Interview

It was a very simple process. it was just a phone interview with the manager followed by 3 months of waiting for human resources to process the application and complete the hiring process.

Machinery Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through my school's job center and interviewed with a representative on campus. I was asked several questions (I think around 7-8) and was given the chance to ask the interviewer questions I had.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center.

Interview

I went into a room with four interviewers. They were very nice and asked STAR questions that are common. They also asked personality questions. It did feel a little intimidating since they were all on one side of the table while I was on the other side.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase; the pay scale was set.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center in March 2016.

Interview

Contacted by email and then weeks later set up an interview for 15 minutes over the phone with recruiters and upper management. A few more emails over the week and then a job offer came.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews with mostly behavioral questions, then they asked me to apply online for a job.
    The interviewers were nice, but the phone had several managers on the call with all asking questions.

Student Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

The deadlines for the application process are pretty strict so you really need to stay on top of the paperwork. They give the option for either a phone interview or an in person interview which was nice because I was able to do the interview without missing any class. After the interview you need to fill out tons of paperwork before you can continue with the process, I spent probably 5-7 hours working through the different forms.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

qualified via computer screening, in person interview was less than 10 minutes to verify personality, if you get called for an interview you are amongst 5 finalist for the position that the computer has rated highly qualified. When answering interview questions online, if you don't answer in the top 2 levels of familiarity with the skill presented, you are disqualified.

Student Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center (Bethesda, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

Process was quick with no formal interview. 3 week process from phone call to first day employment. Human Resources called and asked if I could start in 3 weeks. Of course, I said yes. Overall, hiring process for interns is extremely easy and they really don't care because there is no agreement if they don't like you. They will deal with you for 2 or 3 months and send you off on your way after the internship. Fortunately, I was an intern they liked along with many others. Great people work throughout the warfare centers and want nothing but the best for you.

Interview Questions

• Do you need assistance with housing   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was needed. I was happy with the hourly pay for being an intern.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Panama City, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center (Panama City, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

They fly you out but be aware of the fact that the whole process will take a lot longer than usual. They only deal in paper work. The HR people are bad at their jobs. They won't give you any idea about where you need to go and won't let you know when they'll get back to you.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center in March 2015.

Interview

Easy, two departments out of four interviewed me on the phone. No real engineering questions, just wanting to get to know you. I got into MS and it was boring, writing calibration test procedures. it's better to start in private and retire here.

Interview Questions

• Do you like to work in group or by your self?   1 Answer