Naval Surface Warfare Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Naval Surface Warfare Center Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2017

2.1

IAO Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center in July 2011.

Interview

4 areas represented. I got hired by the one that I was best suited for. Good people, varied expertise.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle overall CM for the division   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple but time consuming.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center (Washington, DC) in February 2013.

Interview

Hiring process took around 1 month, give or take a couple of weeks. Depends on the position you are applying. First step was phone interview by HR, followed on by supervisor and any other relevant higher management personnel.

Interview Questions

• How would you apply your degree's theory & knowledge for the position that you are applying to?   Answer Question

Machinery Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through my school's job center and interviewed with a representative on campus. I was asked several questions (I think around 7-8) and was given the chance to ask the interviewer questions I had.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Panama City, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center (Panama City, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

Got an e-mail through my school requesting resumes. I submitted my resume via e-mail and got a call to do a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was told my resume would be sent up to upper management. About 3 months when by and I got another phone call informing me that I had received the job.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that would be relevant to this job?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews with mostly behavioral questions, then they asked me to apply online for a job.
    The interviewers were nice, but the phone had several managers on the call with all asking questions.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center (West Bethesda, MD) in April 2010.

Interview

submit resume online, phone interview, 1 on 1 interview, then wait for decision.

Negotiation

not much negotiation allowed.

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center.

Interview

Gave an hour-long technical presentation followed by meetings with senior engineers and current supervisor. Interview process was smooth and professional while not overly formal.

Negotiation

Its the government, so nearly everything is standard. Was able to get a small starting bonus.

Logistics Management Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center.

Interview

There is typically one intereview, which would follow the intervirewing process assuming that the person was found to be "qualified" after their initial on-line application is filed and reviewed.

Interview Questions

• What are your qualifications with reguards to your being the most qualified for this position?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crane, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center (Crane, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online through USAjobs.com. After about a month, I received and email that told me that I had advanced through the screening process, and that I would be contacted for an interview. About a week later, the details of the interview were ironed out; my interview took place two months after applying, and I was offered an internship about a month after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What were some of the team projects you have worked on?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center.

Interview

I went into a room with four interviewers. They were very nice and asked STAR questions that are common. They also asked personality questions. It did feel a little intimidating since they were all on one side of the table while I was on the other side.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase; the pay scale was set.