Naval Surface Warfare Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Naval Surface Warfare Center Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2017

2.0

Research Intrn Interview

Interview

After applying online, I received a phone call after a few weeks detailing the needs of the position with a rough description of the work I would be doing. Very friendly and very easy going around, I could tell they had made their decision before the call was even made.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose NAVSEA for a summer internship?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

qualified via computer screening, in person interview was less than 10 minutes to verify personality, if you get called for an interview you are amongst 5 finalist for the position that the computer has rated highly qualified. When answering interview questions online, if you don't answer in the top 2 levels of familiarity with the skill presented, you are disqualified.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dahlgren, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center (Dahlgren, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

It was a brief telephone discussion about what they actually did. It was more of a question whether I was going to accept the position or not, nothing like a real interview where I get asked a series of questions pertaining to the job.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center in March 2015.

Interview

Easy, two departments out of four interviewed me on the phone. No real engineering questions, just wanting to get to know you. I got into MS and it was boring, writing calibration test procedures. it's better to start in private and retire here.

Interview Questions

• Do you like to work in group or by your self?   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center in March 2016.

Interview

Contacted by email and then weeks later set up an interview for 15 minutes over the phone with recruiters and upper management. A few more emails over the week and then a job offer came.

Computer Scientist Interview

Interview

It was a very simple process. it was just a phone interview with the manager followed by 3 months of waiting for human resources to process the application and complete the hiring process.

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview was more of a sales pitch to accept the job. I was not asked any interview questions. The interview included a facilities tour and powerpoint with senior management.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crane, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center (Crane, IN) in January 2015.

Interview

They heard about me through my college's career services and contacted me through email. We set up a phone interview. During the interview they asked things such as: hobbies, strengths, weaknesses, what you'd like to work on at Crane, they give you an idea of what you'd be doing, they asked for a couple examples of projects you worked on, what's your focus in your engineering field, and to give examples of when you worked well with other people and were a leader. The interview lasted about 30-45 minutes and was very easy. After that it took a few months to get the paperwork done to hire me on. But that one phone interview is what gets you the job or not.

PathwaysCrane Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online in October, interviewed in December. Phone interview with three recruiters. Mostly behavioral and walking them through my resume. The interviewers weren't electrical engineers, so I was not asked any technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you would do in the following situation. You and your team are working on a project. The deadline is nearing but you are behind on your work and don't expect to complete your portion on time.   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time when you faced a deadline and what was the result?   1 Answer
    • What makes you a better candidate compared to other applicants?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center.

Interview

Called over phone. Discussed past experiences, and hobbies. Didn't even talk about the job, was just a conversation. We talked about graduate research, cars, and hands on stuff. Easy.