Naval Surface Warfare Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Naval Surface Warfare Center Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2017

2.2

Research Intrn Interview

Interview

After applying online, I received a phone call after a few weeks detailing the needs of the position with a rough description of the work I would be doing. Very friendly and very easy going around, I could tell they had made their decision before the call was even made.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose NAVSEA for a summer internship?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

qualified via computer screening, in person interview was less than 10 minutes to verify personality, if you get called for an interview you are amongst 5 finalist for the position that the computer has rated highly qualified. When answering interview questions online, if you don't answer in the top 2 levels of familiarity with the skill presented, you are disqualified.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dahlgren, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center (Dahlgren, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

It was a brief telephone discussion about what they actually did. It was more of a question whether I was going to accept the position or not, nothing like a real interview where I get asked a series of questions pertaining to the job.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center in March 2015.

Interview

Easy, two departments out of four interviewed me on the phone. No real engineering questions, just wanting to get to know you. I got into MS and it was boring, writing calibration test procedures. it's better to start in private and retire here.

Interview Questions

• Do you like to work in group or by your self?   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center in March 2016.

Interview

Contacted by email and then weeks later set up an interview for 15 minutes over the phone with recruiters and upper management. A few more emails over the week and then a job offer came.

Computer Scientist Interview

Interview

It was a very simple process. it was just a phone interview with the manager followed by 3 months of waiting for human resources to process the application and complete the hiring process.

Mechanical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2009.

Interview

This position was filled via a diversity program that matches college students with government jobs. I submitted my resume and filled out an application sometime in January. In March, I received a phone call from the supervisor of the position asking if I was still interested. I was and from there I was transferred to the HR division and I filled out the paperwork needed for the position. Since it was a government position, the process is pretty lengthy. At the end of the semester, I started my internship.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose mechanical engineering as a degree?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Interns in this program are paid through the program. There was no negotiating of the salary.

Information Assurance Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dahlgren, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center (Dahlgren, VA) in February 2010.

Interview

The interview process was really quick. But, the actual time it took to go from interview to job offer to actually working was on the order of 3 to 5 months.

Computer Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center.

Interview

I randomly found the job on usajobs.gov and applied. Almost a month and a half later I get an email from HR saying that they want to setup an interview. Two weeks later I get the interview from two people people on the phone. It was mostly behavioral questions. Nothing technical or specific. Basically "What would I do in X situations" kinda stuff. Three weeks after the interview I was given the offer.

Interview Questions

• What would I do to manage a team that was behind schedule?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me $62,000 at first. I told them I would only come if I receieved $65,000. They obliged.

Student Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

The deadlines for the application process are pretty strict so you really need to stay on top of the paperwork. They give the option for either a phone interview or an in person interview which was nice because I was able to do the interview without missing any class. After the interview you need to fill out tons of paperwork before you can continue with the process, I spent probably 5-7 hours working through the different forms.