Naval Surface Warfare Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Naval Surface Warfare Center Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2017

2.2

Computer Scientist Interview

Interview

It was a very simple process. it was just a phone interview with the manager followed by 3 months of waiting for human resources to process the application and complete the hiring process.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center in March 2016.

Interview

Contacted by email and then weeks later set up an interview for 15 minutes over the phone with recruiters and upper management. A few more emails over the week and then a job offer came.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center (Washington, DC) in February 2013.

Interview

Hiring process took around 1 month, give or take a couple of weeks. Depends on the position you are applying. First step was phone interview by HR, followed on by supervisor and any other relevant higher management personnel.

Interview Questions

• How would you apply your degree's theory & knowledge for the position that you are applying to?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crane, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center (Crane, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online through USAjobs.com. After about a month, I received and email that told me that I had advanced through the screening process, and that I would be contacted for an interview. About a week later, the details of the interview were ironed out; my interview took place two months after applying, and I was offered an internship about a month after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What were some of the team projects you have worked on?   Answer Question

Machinery Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through my school's job center and interviewed with a representative on campus. I was asked several questions (I think around 7-8) and was given the chance to ask the interviewer questions I had.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center.

Interview

I went into a room with four interviewers. They were very nice and asked STAR questions that are common. They also asked personality questions. It did feel a little intimidating since they were all on one side of the table while I was on the other side.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase; the pay scale was set.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center in March 2015.

Interview

Easy, two departments out of four interviewed me on the phone. No real engineering questions, just wanting to get to know you. I got into MS and it was boring, writing calibration test procedures. it's better to start in private and retire here.

Interview Questions

• Do you like to work in group or by your self?   1 Answer

Intern - Monthly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center in January 2015.

Interview

They do not ask difficult technical questions that you have to answer. The types of questions that I got were more of the personality questions, or past experiences that I have had. Overall, I thought it was a pretty easy interview process because I only had maybe 1 or 2 phone interviews and that was it. However, if you do get a job offer there is a ton of paperwork that you have to do.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had a difficult team project?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate.

Student Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center (Bethesda, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

Process was quick with no formal interview. 3 week process from phone call to first day employment. Human Resources called and asked if I could start in 3 weeks. Of course, I said yes. Overall, hiring process for interns is extremely easy and they really don't care because there is no agreement if they don't like you. They will deal with you for 2 or 3 months and send you off on your way after the internship. Fortunately, I was an intern they liked along with many others. Great people work throughout the warfare centers and want nothing but the best for you.

Interview Questions

• Do you need assistance with housing   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was needed. I was happy with the hourly pay for being an intern.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Panama City, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center (Panama City, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

They fly you out but be aware of the fact that the whole process will take a lot longer than usual. They only deal in paper work. The HR people are bad at their jobs. They won't give you any idea about where you need to go and won't let you know when they'll get back to you.