Naval Surface Warfare Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Naval Surface Warfare Center Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2017

2.0

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center.

Interview

Called over phone. Discussed past experiences, and hobbies. Didn't even talk about the job, was just a conversation. We talked about graduate research, cars, and hands on stuff. Easy.

PathwaysCrane Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online in October, interviewed in December. Phone interview with three recruiters. Mostly behavioral and walking them through my resume. The interviewers weren't electrical engineers, so I was not asked any technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you would do in the following situation. You and your team are working on a project. The deadline is nearing but you are behind on your work and don't expect to complete your portion on time.   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time when you faced a deadline and what was the result?   1 Answer
    • What makes you a better candidate compared to other applicants?   1 Answer

Pathways Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center.

Interview

I submitted my application on the USA Jobs website and then did a phone interview, which was very generic and simple. There were multiple people on the phone listening to the interview, but only one person actually prompted me with questions.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crane, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center (Crane, IN) in January 2015.

Interview

They heard about me through my college's career services and contacted me through email. We set up a phone interview. During the interview they asked things such as: hobbies, strengths, weaknesses, what you'd like to work on at Crane, they give you an idea of what you'd be doing, they asked for a couple examples of projects you worked on, what's your focus in your engineering field, and to give examples of when you worked well with other people and were a leader. The interview lasted about 30-45 minutes and was very easy. After that it took a few months to get the paperwork done to hire me on. But that one phone interview is what gets you the job or not.

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview was more of a sales pitch to accept the job. I was not asked any interview questions. The interview included a facilities tour and powerpoint with senior management.

Computer Scientist Interview

Interview

It was a very simple process. it was just a phone interview with the manager followed by 3 months of waiting for human resources to process the application and complete the hiring process.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center in March 2016.

Interview

Contacted by email and then weeks later set up an interview for 15 minutes over the phone with recruiters and upper management. A few more emails over the week and then a job offer came.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center (Washington, DC) in February 2013.

Interview

Hiring process took around 1 month, give or take a couple of weeks. Depends on the position you are applying. First step was phone interview by HR, followed on by supervisor and any other relevant higher management personnel.

Interview Questions

• How would you apply your degree's theory & knowledge for the position that you are applying to?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crane, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center (Crane, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online through USAjobs.com. After about a month, I received and email that told me that I had advanced through the screening process, and that I would be contacted for an interview. About a week later, the details of the interview were ironed out; my interview took place two months after applying, and I was offered an internship about a month after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What were some of the team projects you have worked on?   Answer Question

Machinery Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through my school's job center and interviewed with a representative on campus. I was asked several questions (I think around 7-8) and was given the chance to ask the interviewer questions I had.