Naval Undersea Warfare Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2016

1.9

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Naval Undersea Warfare Center (Newport, RI) in June 2016.

Interview

I handed out my resume at a job fair and received a call about two weeks later asking if I'd like to interview for a position. Just over a week after the phone call I interviewed at NUWC. Personnel from several departments sat in on the interview and asked basic questions about my experiences and training. A good deal of time was spent by each interviewer explaining their department and how I might fit in. The interview process was very relaxed and the interviewers were helpful in answering the questions I had about the job and NUWC in general. I'm currently awaiting an offer. I was told processing the paperwork for an offer letter could take six to eight weeks.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain a little about a research project I had worked on (listed on my resume) and what its overall goal was.   1 Answer

Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Naval Undersea Warfare Center (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

One phone call with lots of security related follow ups. Was with two of the actual managers as opposed to HR. 100% personality screening. No technical questions. Then contact with HR regarding lots of paperwork that needed to be done related to a security clearence.

Mechanical Engineer, Code 70 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Naval Undersea Warfare Center (Providence, RI) in May 2015.

Interview

Went to their Spring Recruitment Event and talked to various departments specified by a code and number. (ex. code:1234) Got a call the next day. Interview conducted over the phone with three people.

Interview Questions

• Mostly pretty standard interview questions. Some behavioral, some experience based, a few knowledge testing questions. Apparently they normally hand out a cheat sheet of questions to think about, but because my interview was over the phone, I did not receive it until after the interview.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Naval Undersea Warfare Center (Newport, RI) in May 2015.

Interview

Went to a job fair for the different codes they had. Received a phone call a week later for another interview. The interview was with 3 individuals. They were all pleasant and easy to talk to. We mostly went over my resume and past experience. They asked me situational questions to test me on my patience.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Naval Undersea Warfare Center.

Interview

Interview was good, asked basic behavioral questions. Ask a lot of questions about your resume and ask for further elaboration. Also, did a good job explaining the job and future work i could be doing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation at all.

Pathways Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Naval Undersea Warfare Center in January 2015.

Interview

I had two interviews for pathways engineering internship positions and neither had technical questions. They just asked typical interview questions that come up when you search google. One interview was on the phone and the other was in person at a building outside their facility. I should have dressed more formal for the in-person interview. I just wore a button down and khakis but I should have worn a suit.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you felt you couldn't complete your tasks before the expected deadline?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Naval Undersea Warfare Center (Newport, RI) in August 2014.

Interview

As an onsite contractor with a strong reputation, I interviewed with multiple codes. In each interview, there was a pleasant interview and discussion with the branch head and another one or two engineers.

Interview Questions

• What do you not like to do?   1 Answer

Salary offered was 11% below my current salary. As much as I appreciate and respect NUWC and the folks that work there, I could not bring myself to entertain the offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Naval Undersea Warfare Center (Newport, RI).

Interview

I knew someone who worked here so they referred me. I came in for a series of interviews and tours and was hired relatively easily.

Interview Questions

• I was young, so the whole "where do you see yourself in 3,5,10 years" question was difficult to answer accurately.   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was none. I was a junior engineer so I took the position with no negotiation.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, RI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Naval Undersea Warfare Center (Middletown, RI) in February 2013.

Interview

There was no interviewing process for the internship position. I had to just submit a paper application to the center, and they responded with that I received the position. The application has essay type questions that replace a 1:1 interview. Really pay attention to the small details they are looking for.

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Naval Undersea Warfare Center (West Bethesda, MD) in December 2011.

Interview

First had an on campus interview where the questions were the general questions: 1) Describe a time when you were on a team. 2) Describe a time where you had to resolve a conflict. Then after passing that I had an onsite interview, it was one of those full day events where we got a briefing of all the departments, then they gave us a lab tour, then we had interviews with groups. These were 1:1 interviews, they all went very well (the number of groups you interview with varies between people and all depends on your previous experiences etc... Just because you have more doesn't mean you'll get the job). In those 1:1 interviews I was asked to describe my thesis project a bit, my career goals, what i'm looking for in a job, they didn't ask any nontechnical questions. I'm still waiting to hear back from them (Glassdoor didn't have an option to choose so I chose no offer).

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a career?   1 Answer