NaviSite Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NaviSite Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2017

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at NaviSite (Andover, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

I had 4 interviews spanning ~5 weeks. The first was a phone screen followed by an interview with a member of the hiring team in the U.K. After this I met with two other team members and the VP of the group in Andover, MA. I was then asked to speak with another VP based in Virginia. After all this I was told by the HR representative that the interview went very well and that an official offer was pending. I waited and actually turned away a different job offer because I wanted to honor the fact that I interviewed with Navisite first. I finally received a very brief email (not even a courtesy call !) to tell me that they had decided to move the job to Virginia at the last moment and that I was out of luck. Seemed very unprofessional and horribly disorganized to me. I let the HR contact know of my displeasure towards the outcome in a polite manner and never received a reply. (I entered that I did not receive an offer on this review)

Interview Questions

• I was given a lot of scenarios and asked what I would do to solve a particular problem or elaborate on experiences I had that might be useful in solutions to customer issues. I thought they were thoughtful and useful questions. None that were particularly difficult, but they did challenge the candidates ability to perform in a customer-facing role.   Answer Question

IT Software Developer - Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NaviSite (Liverpool, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Met one on one with the hiring manager (non formal setting)- approx 45min. Then was asked to come in to meet several members of the team. I was explained the company history and about the job, introduced to several members that I might be working alongside if hired. Provided a test environment to work thru installation or gather information to see how I would handle each task. Spent 2 hours for the entire interview process.

Interview follow up emails to HR recruiter and Hiring manager for the position were ignored, multiple inquiries were made - asking the status of the position during a 3 month period, not knowing what was happening. Don't expect a courtesy email or a quick status reply.

Interview Questions

• Was given 2 tasks to work on and try to solve in the time allowed.
      -Asked how to query and output the totals of a file- searching for a specific word(s). Typically using scripting tools knowledge.
      -Installation of mail service on Unix platform   1 Answer

Regional Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at NaviSite (Seattle, WA).

Interview

very well defined, and all things considered, went according to plan. All told, I believe I spoke to the internal recruiter the second week of November, and had an offer by the 3rd week of December.

Director of Custom Applications Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at NaviSite (Syracuse, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

In a word SLOW. The director position has been open for over year and a half and I can see why. I initially applied in June 2013, the title and reporting structure were changed and the position reposted in Oct 2014. I reapplied in November 2014 and was called for a phone interview in January 2015, did a second phone interview in March, and an in person interview in May 2015.

Interview Questions

• I asked the interview team why none of them had considered / wanted the position.   1 Answer

Datacenter Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NaviSite (San Jose, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I was hired through a contracting company and I really enjoyed and learned a great deal here. I found out there was lots of opportunity for growth but my commute was over a hundred miles away, so it didn't make sense for the company to invest lots of time and money if I can't get to work.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any difficult or unexpected question that I couldn't answer.   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at NaviSite (Charlotte, NC) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview process was horrible with the Director of Recruiting and the Director of Solution Architect. The communication was very unprofessional from the beginning to the end. I stated in the interview process the most important thing to me was Core Values, and it seems this company does not have it at all.

Interview Questions

• All She care about asking was compliance questions, not what you bring to the table. "HIPPA,NIST, and FISMA"   Answer Question

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NaviSite (Andover, MA) in April 2010.

Interview

Very strange interview process. I talked to one woman (she told me she was the SE manager) and explain my background. Which was networking, security, cloud services type background. She told me great that is where the company is heading it be wonderful to have someone with experience in these topics. She also told me that she liked my presentation, personality etc. etc.. Then on to the next call. This was a technical screen with two people. They then proceeded to ask me deep troubleshooting type questions related to servers. I had been upfront with them in that I was not a “server” guy. They did not ask me anything about security, cloud services anything in my background. As the other poster noted they were quite condescending. All in all very strange interview process. I also had a friend that did get a job there in another position and hated it.

Regional Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NaviSite (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Previously worked for company, referral to recruiter. Recruiter screening went well as I was top rep previously.
    Interview with GM / West - met in lobby of hotel. Not a good sign. Less than 1/2 hr interview - questions were basic. No serious discussion. Found out later that GM already had a top candidate. Put in top 6 list.

Interview Questions

• How do you get leads?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to come back to Navisite?   1 Answer

Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NaviSite (Andover, MA) in January 2008.

Interview

Standard set of phone screen questions

Interview Questions

• What is prompting your interest in switching positions?   Answer Question

Client Technical Operations - Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at NaviSite (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

knowledge of sql and client handling, email writing, testing a website, basic testing concepts. uxix commands, difference between delete and truncate. I fist had my telephonic round and after clearing that hey called me for HR and face to face interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It offers a nice package based on your interview and abilities