Navigant Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Navigant Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.9

44 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Navigant (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The entire process took 4 months. Once there is an opening, the HR acts quickly regarding your application. The interview process started with an HR screening. This was followed by an interview with an Associate Director over the phone, and finally 4 in person interviews at the Chicago HQ. Overall, a great experience and it is definitely a company with culture

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview was fairly easy and relaxed. HR is not very prepared so receiving the yes or no on the offer took longer than expected and was then given a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Why does this specific practice within Navigant interest you?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

There was a very quick turnaround. The process was complete fairly quickly. All interviewers were conversational and it never felt like I was being interrogated. Positive process overall. The super day at the office went smoothly and was well-organized.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

About a two month process. After the first behavioral interview, which took place on my college campus, the second round came about a month later and it was a statement of interest question. A week later, they emailed saying I had made it to the 3rd and final round at the HQs in Chicago. It was a super day and consisted of 2 behavioral interviews and a case study/ conversation.

Interview Questions

• mostly behavior questions. Case study related to healthcare. They are focused on making sure you are the right fit for the company, in a cultural aspect, but also that you have problem solving skills and have real world sense.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

The two things they look for is whether you are a cultural fit for Navigant and whether you have what it takes to do the job or learn how to do it.

Interview Questions

• Asked about times where you took advantage of an opportunity, where you faced hardship and overcame it. They also ask you a case question that was reflective of a previous project they had. The on-site interview was a short 2-hour super day with 3 interviews including the case   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Navigant (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

First Round: On-Campus behavioral interview
    Second Round: Case and behavioral interviews in their Chicago offices

Behavioral interviews are ver conversational, no trick questions. They just want to gauge your interest in the healthcare industry because if you start as a healthcare consultant in Navigant, you cannot switch to other industries.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Navigant (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very disorganized. The itinerary that they sent me was wrong. I ended up interviewing with completely different people than they had listed in the itinerary. Each of the four people I met with was late to the scheduled time. One person, in particular, seemed completely disinterested in being there, bordering on hostile. They admitted that their current solutions needed a lot of work and that their retention was poor. I left the interview certain that I did not want to work there. My advice - stay away!

Interview Questions

• They were keen on knowing why I wanted to join them.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through On Campus Recruiting system and got follow up first round HR phone interview several weeks later. Process moved a little quicker after that, as I had a 2nd round phone interview with a Senior Consultant from the office I was interviewing for. Got a call next day inviting me to their HQ (Chicago) for a final round. Consisted of four interviews; 1st w/ senior consultant, 2nd w/ associate director, 3rd w/ senior director and closing interview with HR (same HR as first round). Interviews were mainly behavioral but they won't hold back the technical questions if they don't think you're well suited for the job (ex: not having much healthcare on your resume). Followed up with an offer a week later. Overall, one of the better interview processes I've been a part of--shorter super day than usual which is nice.

Interview Questions

• -Why do you want to go into Healthcare Consulting? (I came from a Finance background).
      -Describe to me what Revenue Cycle Management is.
      -Are you okay with traveling 4 days a week?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First this was a brief phone interview with the HR on the phone upon invitation. Then it was the on site interview, which was a total of two rounds. With each round of the interview, I met with multiple consultants and senior consultants who that asked about my experience, relevant work, and some case interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Not bad at all, 30 min phone personality interview covering resume and involvement, then in office interview, 4 rounds, 1 case interview regarding the selection of a plan given a scenario. Next interviews were with increasing levels of consultants to talk about strengths and resume and why i fit at navigant/any questions

Interview Questions

• Health system experiencing this problem, pick solution A-D and explain why its the best.   1 Answer