Navigant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 14, 2017

2.7

Healthcare Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through On Campus Recruiting system and got follow up first round HR phone interview several weeks later. Process moved a little quicker after that, as I had a 2nd round phone interview with a Senior Consultant from the office I was interviewing for. Got a call next day inviting me to their HQ (Chicago) for a final round. Consisted of four interviews; 1st w/ senior consultant, 2nd w/ associate director, 3rd w/ senior director and closing interview with HR (same HR as first round). Interviews were mainly behavioral but they won't hold back the technical questions if they don't think you're well suited for the job (ex: not having much healthcare on your resume). Followed up with an offer a week later. Overall, one of the better interview processes I've been a part of--shorter super day than usual which is nice.

Interview Questions

• -Why do you want to go into Healthcare Consulting? (I came from a Finance background).
      -Describe to me what Revenue Cycle Management is.
      -Are you okay with traveling 4 days a week?
      Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant.

Interview

Screening interview, behavioral interview, followed by 4, back-to-back interviews (technical, case interview, and 2 behavioral interviews). The on-site interviews lasted 30 minutes each. I interviewed with one of the managing consultants, a director, and several senior consultants. Overall a positive experience, and I was very impressed with the group. Everyone was clear about company/consulting expectations and seemed interested in my professional growth with the company.My interviewers emphasized work-life balance and clearly wanted someone who would thrive in a collaborative work environment.

Interview Questions

• Clinical operations case interview, what is your technical background and how will you be able to apply it to the group, Why Navigant? Why consulting? etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Navigant (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Round 1: Phone interview with the Associate Director.
    Round 2: Phone Interview with Director.
    Round 3: In-person interview with the rest of the team.

All of the interviews were pretty straightforward. They really stressed that they were looking for someone with a strong interest in the industry and position. All of the questions were thoughtful and focused on making sure I was a good fit for the job and their culture.

Energy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Navigant (Washington, DC).

Interview

First interview was a brief 30 minute phone call with HR to learn more about my career interests. Second interview was another 30 minute phone call with a junior level staff member to discuss my background. Third round of interviews comprised of four 30 minute in-person interviews to discuss my background and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What do you know about Navigant? How do you handle high pressure situations? What are your excel/computer skills?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant (Winston-Salem, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

I sent in my application through my university career site. Then had an interview set up. The interview was pretty relaxed and mostly questions about getting to know my personality and how I became interested in Navigant.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Gave me two weeks to decide.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Navigant.

Interview

There was no interview process to speak of. The previous company was acquired by Navigant Consulting and employees were rolled into the new ownership. Compensation package was rolled from the previous company as well so salary didn't change (for good or ill) from what it had been previously. Benefits did change.

Interview Questions

• Package was presented for new employment - no questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navigant (Washington, DC).

Interview

Mostly just a behavioral interview, they like to see if you fit in with the culture. They'll ask you about SAT scores, prior experience, the usual things. I interviewed straight out of college so there wasn't much to be discussed beyond whether I would be a good contributor

Interview Questions

• They'll ask you about some of the greatest challenges you've had in school, what kind of work you want to do, where you see yourself in five years, etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First this was a brief phone interview with the HR on the phone upon invitation. Then it was the on site interview, which was a total of two rounds. With each round of the interview, I met with multiple consultants and senior consultants who that asked about my experience, relevant work, and some case interviews.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Navigant in November 2015.

Interview

Process involved a HR screen, several rounds of phone interviews with people of varying levels in the practice, and an in-person interview. Everyone was friendly, professional, and flexible regarding scheduling. It was not a stressful experience at all.

They seemed to like my background and experiences. Some typical behavioral questions were involved and were fairly easy - it did not feel like any questions were designed trap candidates. It helped too that I had other good job options on hand, so was interviewing them as much as they were me.

Company & Healthcare Practice in particular seem to have a great culture and the onboarding process has affirmed my decision to join Navigant!

Interview Questions

• If your current supervisor were to describe you in one word, what would he/she say?   Answer Question

Healthcare Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Not bad at all, 30 min phone personality interview covering resume and involvement, then in office interview, 4 rounds, 1 case interview regarding the selection of a plan given a scenario. Next interviews were with increasing levels of consultants to talk about strengths and resume and why i fit at navigant/any questions

Interview Questions

• Health system experiencing this problem, pick solution A-D and explain why its the best.   1 Answer