Navigant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 12, 2017

2.7

Healthcare Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Not bad at all, 30 min phone personality interview covering resume and involvement, then in office interview, 4 rounds, 1 case interview regarding the selection of a plan given a scenario. Next interviews were with increasing levels of consultants to talk about strengths and resume and why i fit at navigant/any questions

Interview Questions

• Health system experiencing this problem, pick solution A-D and explain why its the best.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Navigant in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting. I was informed of selection for interview process via email and had the interview a few days later. The night before interviews, they held a reception on campus where we got to meet some of the consultants in a casual setting. First round interview was a 30 minute behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about what Navigant does as a firm.   Answer Question

Legal Technology Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Navigant (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Very casual. First step was applying through my University. They followed up inviting me to interview on-campus. The night before was a very casual meet'n'greet which offers the chance to meet a few of the consultants and find out what they do. The first interview is more of a resume runthrough than anything. The second interview is on-site. It is preceded by a nice dinner with the team and other applicants. There are three different interviews, all behavioral and fit-based. No case questions. Overall, the team is very welcoming and the questions are easy. As long as they like you, you should be fine. Then again, I didn't get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had an issue with a team member not working properly.   Answer Question
    • What do you do outside of school and extracurriculars?   Answer Question
    • What technology-based things are you interested in outside of work or school?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navigant (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview within 2 weeks of applying then got called back for an in-person interview. Second interview was 4 separate interviews over 2 hours to see if I would fit into the team. Last interview was with the Managing Director.

Healthcare Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a fairly normal interview process. I applied through my college. I was interviewed on campus and then brought to their headquarters in Chicago. In Chicago I had interviews with 4 individuals of different levels throughout the company. They asked behavioral questions as well as gave me a case study. Overall, it was a great experience and I ended up receiving an offer. I had other offers to consider, but the company atmosphere and work was the most in line with my career goals.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant.

Interview

I applied through my college career services website. I interviewed on campus in one 30 minute interview. This interview was very casual and behavioral. The interviewer asked me questions about my resume and classes I had taken. I was then called that evening and invited to second round interviews at the office. This interview consisted of a total of 4 behavioral interviews. All were very easy and casual. They just want to make sure you have a personality and can talk with the current employees.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were challenged in a group setting. Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Navigant (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Navigant seems to try to get a holistic view of candidates more so than their competitors. They put a lot of emphasis on their behavioral questions -- why Navigant, how do you work in a time, think of a time when......, etc, instead of the typical case questions.

Consultant, Life Sciences Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant (Boston, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

Basic fit interview questions during on-campus interview. Met with an Associate Director from the Life Sciences group in Boston. Was invited to the Boston office for onsite interview with multiple consultants and one managing director. Was assigned a presentation topic to present to two PhD, senior consultants.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience when you worked in a team. What has prepared you to be a consultant?   Answer Question

Economics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant (Washington, DC) in September 2015.

Interview

Initially got a phone screen from an HR person. They were very energetic and happy to talk to me, and then I was notified that they would like to schedule a face to face interview. For 2 weeks I was "lost in the sauce" as all scheduling goes through the HQ in Chicago, so there was a delay in contact between Chicago and DC. After I got scheduled, I had my interview and it was 3 back to back interviews. The first one he went over the position, and asked about my experience. Second, was more like a friendly chat, we barely discussed Navigant. Then I told him about a project I did in college that fit what I would be doing with the job. Lastly, had another interview that was a recap of the position, and explain a few things on my resume. We even discussed our favorite hobbies and books. They seemed very interested, then I never heard back, I reached out to see if I had been rejected, and still no response. The lack of communication between offices is astounding. At least I got a good book recommendation out of it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me About yourself?
      Can you give me an example of a research project?
      Do you have experience with SAS?
      Would you consider yourself better in Data Analytics or Litigation.   Answer Question

Energy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant (Washington, DC) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied through college and heard back in less than a week. I interviewed at school. The interview was behavioral and fairly straight forward. I heard back within a week and set up a second round interview in DC. This consisted of 4 interviews with several higher ups, one was a managing director. The were several technical questions be it was still largely behavioral.

Interview Questions

• If you were told to look up data on appliances by many makers and create a table, how would you approach this task?   Answer Question