Navigant Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.5

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

C-Energy Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navigant (New York, NY).

Interview

A series of 30 minute interviews with key staff, followed by a presentation on a relevant technical topic. Overall, the interviewers were supportive during the interview process. Average difficulty compared to other firms in engineering

Interview Questions

• Some deep technical questions, mostly to see how you react when you don't know the answer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Navigant (New York, NY).

Interview

The night before they hosted a meet and greet on campus. I met both people there from the department I was interviewing for. The day of I met with one person in the waiting room, made small talk. She then escorted me to the interview room where I met the actually interviewer (both people from the night before). The interview was pure behavioral and lasted 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Just a resume walk through and a lot of small talk, seemed to be looking for a behavioral/cultural fit.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through my college website. I was offered a 30 minute phone interview. My interviewer was a senior consultant based out of New York City. Interview was all behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Why Navigant? Tell me about a time when a deadline was pushed up.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Navigant (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied both through Navigant website (very tedious application) and through university recruiting - the exact timeline of application was very confusing and conflicting. First-round scheduled for a phone interview much earlier in the application process: talking with a current Senior Consultant in life sciences practice. Conversation was mostly based around resume and past experiences and was friendly. However, I did not hear anything from them in months after the first-round interview. Write to ask recruiting contact, just to find out that my application and interview "fell through the crack" and did not make it to further round - definitely not a professional way to structure recruiting process.

Legal Technology Solutions Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

2 30 minute interviews that were straightforward. behavioral questions. why do you want this job blah blah the next week i received a 10 minute phone call asking purely administrative questions. she said offers are going out this week. seemed like i was getting an offer.

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Navigant (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I only had one interview session with three senior managers. One hour for each senior manager. All three grilled me on how my knowledge on past projects and how I handled solving problems.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background in financial services. What knowledge and skills have you developed based on your experience in the industry?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Navigant (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I first saw the job post on Glassdoor, applied online through their website, and got an email requesting an interview soon thereafter. There was an initial HR screen, followed by another phone screen with the Associate Director of the practice, and finally an in-person interview at the office. There, I met with the Director, two Managing Consultants, and had an "informal" chat with a Consultant. Everyone I spoke to was extremely nice and kept the mood as light as they could; the conversations were almost effortless. I can tell that the people here are not only very smart and professional, but also are not afraid to let their fun personalities shine through.

The interview questions are not hard. They are interested in hearing about your past work experiences and how your skills can be translated into the role. Though the questions are mostly focused on work experiences, they are also assessing your fit into the team and into the company culture.

Additionally, my Human Resources contacts have been the friendliest and most helpful group of people I've ever gotten to work with. From the beginning of the process through securing my offer, they kept communication and next steps extremely clear and were very timely with their responses unlike a majority of other companies' HR departments.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions and questions related to your resume. No cases.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Navigant (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Initial HR screening, followed by a phone interview with a non HR employee. Then invited to come into the office. I met with 3 senior level staff. Everyone was very polite and the interviews are very conversational in nature. They want to get to know you and judge whether you will fit into their team. At the end of it I was very confident I would get the job but didn't. Well, there's always another day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navigant (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online and the entire process took 3 months. I had one phone screen and two in-person interviews.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. They did ask a few technical questions.   Answer Question

The offer took too long and I had other options.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Navigant (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Not a single technical question was asked. The interview was entirely behavorial. I'm not sure how they tell which candidates are good and which are bad based solely on fit. This is probably why a lot of the consultants have no idea how to use Excel or even PowerPoint. The company needs to improve it's hiring process to be more rigorous. The interviewers were nice and cordial, although they didn't seem to have any training in how to interview a consulting candidate properly. The interview was one of the easiest I've ever had for any consulting firm. I'd also say this limits the consulting candidates hired and they won't end up being able to work on anything substantial.