Navigant Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 14, 2017

2.5

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Process was smooth once I had the initial phone interview. It took time though to get to the initial phone interview. The all day consisted of 4 fit interviews as well which was a resume review and pretty standard with consultants at all levels. There was one initial phone screen with HR, and then with a current consultant. Offer came within a few days of the interview.

Interview Questions

• There were 2 cases; one prepared in advance and one where materials were given on the interview day.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was as told when the offer was made.

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Navigant (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I only had one interview session with three senior managers. One hour for each senior manager. All three grilled me on how my knowledge on past projects and how I handled solving problems.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background in financial services. What knowledge and skills have you developed based on your experience in the industry?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Navigant (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied both through Navigant website (very tedious application) and through university recruiting - the exact timeline of application was very confusing and conflicting. First-round scheduled for a phone interview much earlier in the application process: talking with a current Senior Consultant in life sciences practice. Conversation was mostly based around resume and past experiences and was friendly. However, I did not hear anything from them in months after the first-round interview. Write to ask recruiting contact, just to find out that my application and interview "fell through the crack" and did not make it to further round - definitely not a professional way to structure recruiting process.

C-Energy Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navigant (New York, NY).

Interview

A series of 30 minute interviews with key staff, followed by a presentation on a relevant technical topic. Overall, the interviewers were supportive during the interview process. Average difficulty compared to other firms in engineering

Interview Questions

• Some deep technical questions, mostly to see how you react when you don't know the answer   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Navigant (New York, NY).

Interview

The night before they hosted a meet and greet on campus. I met both people there from the department I was interviewing for. The day of I met with one person in the waiting room, made small talk. She then escorted me to the interview room where I met the actually interviewer (both people from the night before). The interview was pure behavioral and lasted 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Just a resume walk through and a lot of small talk, seemed to be looking for a behavioral/cultural fit.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through my college website. I was offered a 30 minute phone interview. My interviewer was a senior consultant based out of New York City. Interview was all behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Why Navigant? Tell me about a time when a deadline was pushed up.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an additional phone interview and one in-person interviews. Transparent and rapid process. Make sure you do your due diligence prior to the first interview as you will be asked what your salary expectations are during the first interview. One of the best interview processes that I have personally undergone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navigant (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online and the entire process took 3 months. I had one phone screen and two in-person interviews.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. They did ask a few technical questions.   Answer Question

The offer took too long and I had other options.

Life Sciences Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navigant (New York, NY).

Interview

Final round interview was in the NYC office. Consisted of one case study, 4 hour long behavioral interviews and one presentation for the recruiting committee.

Case study was pretty straight forward if you've done lots of practices.
    Behavioral interviews were also standard.
    Presentation required preparation beforehand. HR personnel will email a topic beforehand, and we had to create a 10 minute presentation before interview day.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Navigant (New York, NY) in March 2008.

Interview

After two phone interviews I was brought out to the New York office for in-person interview. One full day of interviews with both panel and 1-on-1 interviews culminated in a final interview with the practice directors.

Interview Questions

• What about your research science experience will best translate to the consulting industry?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation opportunity is limited.