Navigant Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 2, 2017

2.5

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Clear interview process . First round behavioral and focus on personal strengths/weaknesses, desire to work in consulting, and knowledge of the healthcare industry. Second round is a case study prepared prior to the interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions like, "Why consulting", "What's an interesting piece of news you've heard recently?", "What is a goal you set for yourself that you're most proud of?"   Answer Question

GIC Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navigant (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Non technical, very straightforward questions- tell me about a time when you resolved a difficult issue/ when you succeeded in a team environment. Just a good conversation, however it was scripted so the interviewer was clearly reading off a list of possible points to hit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you succeeded in a team environment   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable in a dynamic environment   1 Answer

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Navigant (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I only had one interview session with three senior managers. One hour for each senior manager. All three grilled me on how my knowledge on past projects and how I handled solving problems.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background in financial services. What knowledge and skills have you developed based on your experience in the industry?   2 Answers

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Navigant (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied both through Navigant website (very tedious application) and through university recruiting - the exact timeline of application was very confusing and conflicting. First-round scheduled for a phone interview much earlier in the application process: talking with a current Senior Consultant in life sciences practice. Conversation was mostly based around resume and past experiences and was friendly. However, I did not hear anything from them in months after the first-round interview. Write to ask recruiting contact, just to find out that my application and interview "fell through the crack" and did not make it to further round - definitely not a professional way to structure recruiting process.

C-Energy Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navigant (New York, NY).

Interview

A series of 30 minute interviews with key staff, followed by a presentation on a relevant technical topic. Overall, the interviewers were supportive during the interview process. Average difficulty compared to other firms in engineering

Interview Questions

• Some deep technical questions, mostly to see how you react when you don't know the answer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Navigant (New York, NY).

Interview

The night before they hosted a meet and greet on campus. I met both people there from the department I was interviewing for. The day of I met with one person in the waiting room, made small talk. She then escorted me to the interview room where I met the actually interviewer (both people from the night before). The interview was pure behavioral and lasted 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Just a resume walk through and a lot of small talk, seemed to be looking for a behavioral/cultural fit.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I applied through my college website. I was offered a 30 minute phone interview. My interviewer was a senior consultant based out of New York City. Interview was all behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Why Navigant? Tell me about a time when a deadline was pushed up.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an additional phone interview and one in-person interviews. Transparent and rapid process. Make sure you do your due diligence prior to the first interview as you will be asked what your salary expectations are during the first interview. One of the best interview processes that I have personally undergone.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navigant (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Quick informal interview. Not like big 4 culture. You need to have a personal contact. Very few people to meet. It's not a difficult process. Questions asked were basic s d didn't require the rigor of a Big 4.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Navigant (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Not a single technical question was asked. The interview was entirely behavorial. I'm not sure how they tell which candidates are good and which are bad based solely on fit. This is probably why a lot of the consultants have no idea how to use Excel or even PowerPoint. The company needs to improve it's hiring process to be more rigorous. The interviewers were nice and cordial, although they didn't seem to have any training in how to interview a consulting candidate properly. The interview was one of the easiest I've ever had for any consulting firm. I'd also say this limits the consulting candidates hired and they won't end up being able to work on anything substantial.