Navigant Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.6

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant (Washington, DC).

Interview

I was contacted by recruiter, she set up a quick phone screen with the hiring manager. She then scheduled an in person interview the following week. I was made an offer the same week and after negotiation, we came to a salary. It was a very quick turn around time from phone screen to offer.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navigant (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through my university. Met with representatives during a meet and greet the night before the scheduled interviews. Very laid back, friendly experience. Representatives simply wanted to get to know you and decide whether or not you would be a good fit at the office.

Interview Questions

• Resume walkthrough and basic behavioral fit questions in a conversational setting.   Answer Question

Energy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Navigant (Washington, DC).

Interview

First interview was a brief 30 minute phone call with HR to learn more about my career interests. Second interview was another 30 minute phone call with a junior level staff member to discuss my background. Third round of interviews comprised of four 30 minute in-person interviews to discuss my background and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What do you know about Navigant? How do you handle high pressure situations? What are your excel/computer skills?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navigant (Washington, DC).

Interview

Mostly just a behavioral interview, they like to see if you fit in with the culture. They'll ask you about SAT scores, prior experience, the usual things. I interviewed straight out of college so there wasn't much to be discussed beyond whether I would be a good contributor

Interview Questions

• They'll ask you about some of the greatest challenges you've had in school, what kind of work you want to do, where you see yourself in five years, etc   Answer Question

Economics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant (Washington, DC) in September 2015.

Interview

Initially got a phone screen from an HR person. They were very energetic and happy to talk to me, and then I was notified that they would like to schedule a face to face interview. For 2 weeks I was "lost in the sauce" as all scheduling goes through the HQ in Chicago, so there was a delay in contact between Chicago and DC. After I got scheduled, I had my interview and it was 3 back to back interviews. The first one he went over the position, and asked about my experience. Second, was more like a friendly chat, we barely discussed Navigant. Then I told him about a project I did in college that fit what I would be doing with the job. Lastly, had another interview that was a recap of the position, and explain a few things on my resume. We even discussed our favorite hobbies and books. They seemed very interested, then I never heard back, I reached out to see if I had been rejected, and still no response. The lack of communication between offices is astounding. At least I got a good book recommendation out of it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me About yourself?
      Can you give me an example of a research project?
      Do you have experience with SAS?
      Would you consider yourself better in Data Analytics or Litigation.   Answer Question

Energy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant (Washington, DC) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied through college and heard back in less than a week. I interviewed at school. The interview was behavioral and fairly straight forward. I heard back within a week and set up a second round interview in DC. This consisted of 4 interviews with several higher ups, one was a managing director. The were several technical questions be it was still largely behavioral.

Interview Questions

• If you were told to look up data on appliances by many makers and create a table, how would you approach this task?   Answer Question

Financial Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Navigant (Washington, DC) in September 2015.

Interview

My experience as applying as a first year associate for the financial services and compliance entry level role. The interviews were behavioral heavy. There were two rounds, both which were mainly behavior. Casing was miminal to none. There was a large focus on the Navigant culture and and the Navigant fit.

Interview Questions

• Why Navigant? What is a challenge you faced, and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone Screen, Phone Interview, In-Person interviews (5 people) back to back for about 3 hours. Very professional and fit based. They seem very academia oriented as i was asked for specifics of my GPA (major GPA, minor GPA). They also seemed very happy and content with their work life balance and genuinely enjoy what they do. I tried to dictate the flow of the interview and determine if Navigant was a good fit for me too. I also prepared very solid job specific questions and tried to ask questions based on the conversation at each interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Navigant? Why are you leaving your company?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Interesting but extremely long. Multiple rounds of interviews each with it's own layers. Phone interview first, followed by a second interview, then an in-person interview during which I interviewed with several people over the course of several hours. Honestly it was a lot to go through not to get an offer in the end and I had to reach out to them to get a definitive answer, rather than them contacting me which I didn't appreciate.

Overall, the interview questions were straightforward and people were friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

The process moved rather quickly because the Financial Services practice is growing and desperate for good people. I first spoke with an HR rep to go through my experience and salary expectations. The next week I spoke with a Senior Consultant by phone. That interview was based soley on my work experience at a major bank. About a week and a half later, I was flown to the Washington DC office where I 3 interviews. One with an Associate Director, a Senior Consultant, and a Managing Consultant. The interviews were not difficult. It was more of a conversation regarding my work experience and career goals. There were the general SWOT questions and management style quesionts. Overall great experience. NO CASE!!!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none. They kept emphasizing that the offer was extremely competitve considering I have not worked in consulting before.