Navis LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Navis LLC Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2017

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navis LLC (Oakland, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

It started with a phone interview, and it took few weeks to get to the next stage which was another phone interview with the hiring manager. Finally after few weeks in between, I got invited to the site for onsite interview. In my onsite interview, one of the interviewers asked me about a job that I had in past and as soon as I mentioned that it was in middle east, his manner changed and I knew I lost the job.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Navis LLC.

Interview

Applied for an entry level software engineering position through career fair. Got a call for Campus interview which was followed by an on-site interview. On campus interview had 2 rounds, one based on algorithm and other was on system design

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Navis LLC (Oakland, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I sent my resume to the hiring manager through a LinkedIn contact. The manager called me after receiving my resume from a former employee and scheduled a phone interview, then sent me a writing test.

Interview Questions

• First phone interview question asked if I had applied through the company, asked fairly general questions about my experience. Manager also asked why I left a job (after 15 years) to spend two years earning my college degree (after which I returned to work).   1 Answer

Manager - Professional Services Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Navis LLC (Oakland, CA).

Interview

Standard interview process... A few phone screens and then an in office interview

It was alarming to hear a manager in the division give excuses as to why she is "extremely difficult" to work for and how her employees should deal with it because she has good intentions. The shock was probably visible on my face for the rest of the day...(This is not OK!)

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Navis LLC (Oakland, CA).

Interview

HHRR, peers, Manager, Director and VP. Phone calls and in-person. Generic questions about port terminal industry. Conversation about expectation of candidate for professional career and how candidate could match to business culture.

Project Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navis LLC (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

I got an interview through my university's online career services. They scheduled a 1.5 hour interview time slot with me which consisted of two 45 minute interviews. Both interviewers had 8+ years of experience at Navis. They wanted me to learn more about the company and thoroughly explained what the job entailed

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about your resume (specific projects you've worked on)
      -Tell me about a project you led with a team and what was the result?
      -Why consulting?
      -Why do you want to travel?
      Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Navis LLC (Oakland, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Multi-person interview process after multiple calls from recruiter and manager. This interview took all day and is a support position. Each person asked similar questions leaving me to wonder what new thing I could steer the conversation towards. They asked a lot of open ended questions, seeming to want someone to deliver the interview rather than find out strategic information. This taught me that there was a re-org happening.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

Was contacted by a woman who did not state her role with the company, and had someone on the call who did not say anything at all the whole time, it was a telephone interview, very basic questions, read from a paper I assumed. About 10 questions at minimum. At the end I was asked to come in for a face to face interview, I was contacted by another person by email on the details, they let me know I would be tested on MS Office as part of the interview.

When I arrived I was tested on MS Office on a giant monitor on the wall in front of 2 people who sat in silence while I tested, watching and taking notes. It was a HUGE indication of the micro management going on there. After the testing 2 other women came in the room and the 4 of them took turns reading questions from a sheet of paper "behavior questions" as they called them, but they were basically scenario questions with little depth or originality. The whole vibe of the interview was dry, in-personal and awkward. I knew right away I did not want to work there.

None of the 4 ladies ever offered to share what their roles were with the company, I had to ask and it felt awkward.

I was contacted for a 2nd and did not accept.

Interview Questions

• all the questions were very common, like if you google common interview questions theirs would all pop up, so should be easy to prepare.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rotterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Navis LLC (Rotterdam (Netherlands)) in March 2017.

Interview

Agent phone call in March 2017, team phone call in March 2017, onsite interview in April 2017. The team are very friendly which makes me feel the culture of the company. Can't wait to join it!!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Navis?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Navis LLC (Chennai (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

I attended the interview at Chennai for SSE and get selected.HR said you will get offer letter couple of days but they released offer letter next day.I stayed in touch with HR for 3 months, to join. I supposed to join in 2 months.... My notice period is 3 months So they accepted my time of three months.