Navis LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Navis LLC Interview Questions

Updated Oct 5, 2017

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Navis LLC in September 2017.

Interview

I was given two pages of paper during the interview. After I finished reading, they discuss a modeling question with me, and let me talk about how I think about this problem. Then I was required to write code on a laptop. When I was programing, they required me to talk a little bit about my code. After I finish programing, they run my code with several test cases immediately. Finally, they ask me about how to optimize my code.

Interview Questions

• Can you think about another way to implement this application?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Navis LLC (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

It is an on campus interview. I got a two page papers that describe the question. And you have to solve it using the laptop they provided. The test cases is provided. During the interview, they constantly provided useful explanations about the questions

Interview Questions

• It is a question that similar to top k element in array   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Navis LLC in September 2017.

Interview

I interviewed on campus. There are two interviewers and all of them are very nice. They didn't ask me about my resume or projects, just start coding at the beginning. The problem is about moving cases from stacks to a ship, something like backpack question. Optimal solution seems too complex (may even not exists), so only need to write greedy algorithm. I finished greedy algorithm using half the time, and talked with them about optimal solution, and wrote some part of the optimal solution because of time limits. Later get rejected and don't know why.

Interview Questions

• Moving cases to a ship from stacks with highest value sum. Related to Navis.   1 Answer

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navis LLC (Oakland, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

It started with a phone interview, and it took few weeks to get to the next stage which was another phone interview with the hiring manager. Finally after few weeks in between, I got invited to the site for onsite interview. In my onsite interview, one of the interviewers asked me about a job that I had in past and as soon as I mentioned that it was in middle east, his manner changed and I knew I lost the job.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Navis LLC.

Interview

Applied for an entry level software engineering position through career fair. Got a call for Campus interview which was followed by an on-site interview. On campus interview had 2 rounds, one based on algorithm and other was on system design

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Navis LLC (Oakland, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I sent my resume to the hiring manager through a LinkedIn contact. The manager called me after receiving my resume from a former employee and scheduled a phone interview, then sent me a writing test.

Interview Questions

• First phone interview question asked if I had applied through the company, asked fairly general questions about my experience. Manager also asked why I left a job (after 15 years) to spend two years earning my college degree (after which I returned to work).   1 Answer

Manager - Professional Services Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Navis LLC (Oakland, CA).

Interview

Standard interview process... A few phone screens and then an in office interview

It was alarming to hear a manager in the division give excuses as to why she is "extremely difficult" to work for and how her employees should deal with it because she has good intentions. The shock was probably visible on my face for the rest of the day...(This is not OK!)

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Navis LLC (Oakland, CA).

Interview

HHRR, peers, Manager, Director and VP. Phone calls and in-person. Generic questions about port terminal industry. Conversation about expectation of candidate for professional career and how candidate could match to business culture.

Project Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navis LLC (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

I got an interview through my university's online career services. They scheduled a 1.5 hour interview time slot with me which consisted of two 45 minute interviews. Both interviewers had 8+ years of experience at Navis. They wanted me to learn more about the company and thoroughly explained what the job entailed

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about your resume (specific projects you've worked on)
      -Tell me about a project you led with a team and what was the result?
      -Why consulting?
      -Why do you want to travel?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Navis LLC (Oakland, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Multi-person interview process after multiple calls from recruiter and manager. This interview took all day and is a support position. Each person asked similar questions leaving me to wonder what new thing I could steer the conversation towards. They asked a lot of open ended questions, seeming to want someone to deliver the interview rather than find out strategic information. This taught me that there was a re-org happening.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer