Navistar Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 19, 2017

2.9

Data Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by 2 people in person and another via the phone. The interview didn't take place until about 15 minutes after the scheduled time since they were running late due to them jam packing the interviews in a day or in a certain timeframe. Asked a handful of situational questions. This was a temp job to last until Halloween. Never got a courtesy notice regarding if I got the position or not, not that I'm surprised these days from companies.

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL).

Interview

Very good. Very nice people. 3 Onsite interviews on the same day. The offer was not very good considering the living cost in Lisle and my experience. They do product development of the entire line of trucks and the testing facility is about 35 minutes away in Mel Rose park.

Senior Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied for the position in January 2016. Finally heard from an internal recruiter in late March. An in-person interview was scheduled with two team members, which featured situational and other standard questions. Followed up after two weeks of not hearing anything. No news. This went on for two more months until they informed me that the role would be changing. Nearly seven months passed from the time I applied to the day I was informed the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

• If you were the CEO of XX company, what would you do differently and why?   Answer Question

Finance and Accounting Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I got a call from the company to set up a first round Skype interview. The first interview was fairly easy. They asked two behavioral questions and one technical question on how the financial statements relate to each other. I then got a call within 30 minutes after the first interview to schedule a second round. The second round interview was a little bit more intense, but was still fairly easy. It was a four hour process with a mixer in the morning, a 45 minute behavioral interview and a case study which dealt with forecasting and net working capital.

Interview Questions

• A series of basic behviorial questions
      How do all of the financial statements relate to each other
      Case study on net working capital and forecasting

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Company uses STAR technique: Situation, Task, Action, Result and what have you learned from it. Basically there would be 2-3 people taking turns and asking you a bunch of questions all in STAR format. When HR person called me to schedule an interview, I was informed in detail about this interview style and what I need to prepare to get ready.

Interview Questions

• Describe the last time you did something that went well beyond expectations.   Answer Question

Purchasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Navistar (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview was thorough and well conducted, very professional. The hiring manager even made time to have lunch with me before the interview was over.

I had the job offer award before returning home.

Interview Questions

• Give me a situation where you led a project despite lack of resources.   Answer Question

FALD Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a phone interview conducted in a chat room. There were 2-3 behavioral questions and 2 technical questions about the relations of the financial statements. Another one was what statements/ratios I use when looking to invest in a company.

Interview Questions

• What do the financial statements have in common?
      What financial statements/ratios do you use when looking to investing in a company?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Melrose Park, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

The whole experience was a waste of time. The plant is literally 1 MM square feet and I arbitrarily walked through mediocre laboratories which didn't have any happy employees. The interview was full of situational-based questions, but what it all comes down to is that they want you to be a nerd who has worked on engines their entire life.

Interview Questions

• You're in a lab, something goes wrong, and nobody is around, what do you do?   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Naperville, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

There was an on campus interview after they came to my university's job fair. Then on site interview. I drove the day before, and they put me in a hotel, with a dinner to meet current employees that night. The next day we toured their main campus and their Monroe park facilities. There were 5 interviews over the course of the day.

Interview Questions

• General behavioral questions.
      What are the pros and cons of using a steel versus aluminium pin in something?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

I connected with the company at an academic career fair and was offered a pre-screen interview the next day. After that, I was contacted about an on-site interview in Lisle and went a week or two later. The on-site included dinner the night before and a tour of the facility along with three interviews with different teams of two people. They took three weeks between interview and offer, which is way to long for a company of that size.