Navistar Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.9

78 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Contacted through one of their internal recruiters about the position. Quick phone interview with recruiter just to cover my experience and make sure I was qualified for the position at hand. Offered an in person interview and sat with the team lead, department lead, and department director at once. Interview went smooth, definitely caught me off guard with a couple questions, but they were just being thorough. Was offered the position but turned it down to a discrepancy between recruiters advertised salary (what i was looking for) and final offer salary (no increase from my current position). Overall a good and painless exercise and would consider the opportunity to interview for another position with them in the future.

Interview Questions

• Why I am considering the move from my current employer? Why was I choosing to make the move to Navistar?   Answer Question

Supply Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

They interview in teams and follow the STAR interview process. Want to understand problem solving, computer and negotiation experience. Also, want to understand general background and experience. The interview lasted about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• A time I had faced a problem and didn't know what to do?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I first had to complete a video screening where I was asked pretty standard behavioral type questions. A couple weeks later I was asked to set up a time for a video interview.

Data Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by 2 people in person and another via the phone. The interview didn't take place until about 15 minutes after the scheduled time since they were running late due to them jam packing the interviews in a day or in a certain timeframe. Asked a handful of situational questions. This was a temp job to last until Halloween. Never got a courtesy notice regarding if I got the position or not, not that I'm surprised these days from companies.

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Naperville, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Multiple interviews both on phone and in person with various members of the department and outside the department. I ended up talking with the hiring agency first, then met with co-workers and senior managers.

Interview Questions

• Experience in procurement in a firm like Navistar with a big technical group.   1 Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Company uses STAR technique: Situation, Task, Action, Result and what have you learned from it. Basically there would be 2-3 people taking turns and asking you a bunch of questions all in STAR format. When HR person called me to schedule an interview, I was informed in detail about this interview style and what I need to prepare to get ready.

Interview Questions

• Describe the last time you did something that went well beyond expectations.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone screen and then face-to-face interview with hiring manager and another team member; notified by HR of outcome and offer. Given a reasonable amount of time to review offer and accept. Accepted offer and started within 2 weeks.

Senior Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied for the position in January 2016. Finally heard from an internal recruiter in late March. An in-person interview was scheduled with two team members, which featured situational and other standard questions. Followed up after two weeks of not hearing anything. No news. This went on for two more months until they informed me that the role would be changing. Nearly seven months passed from the time I applied to the day I was informed the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

• If you were the CEO of XX company, what would you do differently and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Extensive. They have a mixer which I thought was creepy. They have everyone meet and they offer wine and beer and then they watch you to see how you interact. Then the next day you meet we two sets of people. The first set of people ask you questions regarding a case study and the second set of people ask you behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Educational Questions: All about CASH. They want to know how Navistar can maintain a large amount of cash flow so it looks good to creditors/investors. How would you do this? Probably bc Navistar lost all their government contracts and hasn't shown a profit in a few years ....yikes.

Behavioral: All based on LEADERSHIP. They want to see if you are confident. Its all a joke. I know of the people employed here and I am AMAZED with how this company is still afloat. Basically they want to know you perform in certain scenarios.   1 Answer

accepted offer elsewhere.

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Naperville, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

There was an on campus interview after they came to my university's job fair. Then on site interview. I drove the day before, and they put me in a hotel, with a dinner to meet current employees that night. The next day we toured their main campus and their Monroe park facilities. There were 5 interviews over the course of the day.

Interview Questions

• General behavioral questions.
      What are the pros and cons of using a steel versus aluminium pin in something?   Answer Question