Navistar Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.9

79 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

FALD Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a phone interview conducted in a chat room. There were 2-3 behavioral questions and 2 technical questions about the relations of the financial statements. Another one was what statements/ratios I use when looking to invest in a company.

Interview Questions

• What do the financial statements have in common?
      What financial statements/ratios do you use when looking to investing in a company?   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Melrose Park, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

The whole experience was a waste of time. The plant is literally 1 MM square feet and I arbitrarily walked through mediocre laboratories which didn't have any happy employees. The interview was full of situational-based questions, but what it all comes down to is that they want you to be a nerd who has worked on engines their entire life.

Interview Questions

• You're in a lab, something goes wrong, and nobody is around, what do you do?   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Naperville, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

There was an on campus interview after they came to my university's job fair. Then on site interview. I drove the day before, and they put me in a hotel, with a dinner to meet current employees that night. The next day we toured their main campus and their Monroe park facilities. There were 5 interviews over the course of the day.

Interview Questions

• General behavioral questions.
      What are the pros and cons of using a steel versus aluminium pin in something?   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

I connected with the company at an academic career fair and was offered a pre-screen interview the next day. After that, I was contacted about an on-site interview in Lisle and went a week or two later. The on-site included dinner the night before and a tour of the facility along with three interviews with different teams of two people. They took three weeks between interview and offer, which is way to long for a company of that size.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL).

Interview

The whole interview process is completely structured with behavioral interview questions. Each person will go through a series of similar questions. Be ready to give multiple business applicable answers. You start with a phone screen, then a panel, and then a one on one. Pretty involved process, but also pretty standard.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Extensive. They have a mixer which I thought was creepy. They have everyone meet and they offer wine and beer and then they watch you to see how you interact. Then the next day you meet we two sets of people. The first set of people ask you questions regarding a case study and the second set of people ask you behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Educational Questions: All about CASH. They want to know how Navistar can maintain a large amount of cash flow so it looks good to creditors/investors. How would you do this? Probably bc Navistar lost all their government contracts and hasn't shown a profit in a few years ....yikes.

Behavioral: All based on LEADERSHIP. They want to see if you are confident. Its all a joke. I know of the people employed here and I am AMAZED with how this company is still afloat. Basically they want to know you perform in certain scenarios.   1 Answer

accepted offer elsewhere.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL).

Interview

While I believe most applicants have a phone screening, my process moved directly to an in-person interview. The process was very straightforward. I was interviewed by three people for a little over an hour. I was asked standard behavioral interview questions ("describe a time when...") and standard STAR-format answers were more than sufficient.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to combine different data sets. What was the context and what tools did you use?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had too few tasks to fill your time at work? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Supply Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Navistar (Warrenville, IL).

Interview

Questions are asked by a panel and responses are requested in a STAR (Describe the Situation or task, Actions you took, Results from those actions and what you learned) format. Question topics included Negotiation, Communication, Organizational Agility, Customer Focus and Comfort around Higher Management. You may have a phone screen followed by an onsite interview with a panel of managers and peers. If they are interested in you, the next phase is to meet with several of their directors and that was one at a time for me. So meeting with the directors required several return trips to their facility. For me it was a total of four trips before an offer was given and negotiating started. From start to finish the process was more than 3 months until a final agreement was achieved.

Interview Questions

• What types of negotiating skills have you used? Describe a time when you used one of these techniques. From whom did you learn these skills?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase is very long and tedious. They like immediate responses from you but may take weeks or even a month to respond to you. I feel it expected of you to negotiate, however, and looked down upon if you don't.

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Naperville, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Multiple interviews both on phone and in person with various members of the department and outside the department. I ended up talking with the hiring agency first, then met with co-workers and senior managers.

Interview Questions

• Experience in procurement in a firm like Navistar with a big technical group.   1 Answer

Electrical Engineering2015 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

It was very easy process, i applied online, it took 4 weeks for them to reach me back. Just make sure you have an appealing resume. This is the easiest interview i have taken, It is webcam based prerecorded questions, So you are not as reluctant as you would be during face to face. Make sure you have some of your good academic and practical experience worded out, so you can answer the question they ask. Its mostly situational and behavioral question, no technical question.

Interview Questions

• When did you first hear about navistar? Describe a situation when you had to lead a team? etc Basic Questions, could be found online!!   1 Answer