Navistar Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 28, 2017

2.9

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

I connected with the company at an academic career fair and was offered a pre-screen interview the next day. After that, I was contacted about an on-site interview in Lisle and went a week or two later. The on-site included dinner the night before and a tour of the facility along with three interviews with different teams of two people. They took three weeks between interview and offer, which is way to long for a company of that size.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL).

Interview

The whole interview process is completely structured with behavioral interview questions. Each person will go through a series of similar questions. Be ready to give multiple business applicable answers. You start with a phone screen, then a panel, and then a one on one. Pretty involved process, but also pretty standard.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Extensive. They have a mixer which I thought was creepy. They have everyone meet and they offer wine and beer and then they watch you to see how you interact. Then the next day you meet we two sets of people. The first set of people ask you questions regarding a case study and the second set of people ask you behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Educational Questions: All about CASH. They want to know how Navistar can maintain a large amount of cash flow so it looks good to creditors/investors. How would you do this? Probably bc Navistar lost all their government contracts and hasn't shown a profit in a few years ....yikes.

Behavioral: All based on LEADERSHIP. They want to see if you are confident. Its all a joke. I know of the people employed here and I am AMAZED with how this company is still afloat. Basically they want to know you perform in certain scenarios.
      1 Answer

accepted offer elsewhere.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL).

Interview

While I believe most applicants have a phone screening, my process moved directly to an in-person interview. The process was very straightforward. I was interviewed by three people for a little over an hour. I was asked standard behavioral interview questions ("describe a time when...") and standard STAR-format answers were more than sufficient.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to combine different data sets. What was the context and what tools did you use?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had too few tasks to fill your time at work? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Supply Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Navistar (Warrenville, IL).

Interview

Questions are asked by a panel and responses are requested in a STAR (Describe the Situation or task, Actions you took, Results from those actions and what you learned) format. Question topics included Negotiation, Communication, Organizational Agility, Customer Focus and Comfort around Higher Management. You may have a phone screen followed by an onsite interview with a panel of managers and peers. If they are interested in you, the next phase is to meet with several of their directors and that was one at a time for me. So meeting with the directors required several return trips to their facility. For me it was a total of four trips before an offer was given and negotiating started. From start to finish the process was more than 3 months until a final agreement was achieved.

Interview Questions

• What types of negotiating skills have you used? Describe a time when you used one of these techniques. From whom did you learn these skills?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase is very long and tedious. They like immediate responses from you but may take weeks or even a month to respond to you. I feel it expected of you to negotiate, however, and looked down upon if you don't.

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Naperville, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Multiple interviews both on phone and in person with various members of the department and outside the department. I ended up talking with the hiring agency first, then met with co-workers and senior managers.

Interview Questions

• Experience in procurement in a firm like Navistar with a big technical group.   1 Answer

Electrical Engineering2015 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

It was very easy process, i applied online, it took 4 weeks for them to reach me back. Just make sure you have an appealing resume. This is the easiest interview i have taken, It is webcam based prerecorded questions, So you are not as reluctant as you would be during face to face. Make sure you have some of your good academic and practical experience worded out, so you can answer the question they ask. Its mostly situational and behavioral question, no technical question.

Interview Questions

• When did you first hear about navistar? Describe a situation when you had to lead a team? etc Basic Questions, could be found online!!   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

One on-site interview, called by the internal recruiter.
    Interview took 2 hours, no tour, just arrive, answer questions, and leave.
    Manager was became agitated when I asked about telecommuting.
    No follow-up, no rejection email, nothing.

FALD Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

phone interview question was about 3 financial statements and one behavioral question. The 2nd round was much more intense. Wear a suit, no if ands or buts about that. Be prepared for 2 interviews. 2 vs 1 both times. One is behavioral and other is technical. They do technical first but don't think there is relief...like the hard part is over...bc the behavioral is just as hard. They give you case study and you get 30 mins to prepare all about cash. If you are going to prepare about this make sure you study factors of cash why it would increase and decrease and how it effects other accounts. The night before there is a mixer. You have the opportunity to talk to people in the program and the interviewers. The interviewers wont tell you its them but they seek you out so make sure you try to start a relationship with them. I know someone who did a very good job of this and got the job. Also, make sure for behavior you use STAR method. Always ask a question at the end of the interview.

Program/Project Tracker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

I was sent for a job interview through a staffing agency. I had a group interview with three members of the team. The whole interview lasted about one hour. They asked me a series of behavioral questions using the STAR interview method. The three interviewers were very friendly and respectful.